ATTN: CAPTAIN AMERICA!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
THANK YOU!

So this year i was lucky enough to get in on the UGs secret santa for the first time. Once I saw the thread I was pretty pumped as I love shit like that. As soon as I got my guy I was happy to do what I thought would be one of the better gifts of the bunch. I happily went over the set budget and got my guy a cool Hayabusa hoody and a T-shirt that looked like an old NES 8 bit game with a guy subbing another , I thought I was the secret santa of the year.

Once new years rolled around it seemed as though I was forgotten about :( The last thing I wanted to do was to jump online and cry about not getting anything because it really didn't bother me, these things happen. I checked in on the thread every so often hoping just to see some sort of communication and to read how others reacted to their stuff. RVD and and SidRivals favorite butler (Captain America now) were posting to see if anybody got left out so a replied with a sad face lol. Sid followed up to be sure and I just said it was not a problem as I had an amazing Christmas and as I said, these things happen. He said to pm him my info and he'd take care of it, I was hesitant but did so anyways. So after a bit of a wait probably due to customs from USA to Canada I got something today. I'm currently on shift and am a province away from home for another week but my wife text me to say something arrived and once she settled in she sent me pictures.......

2007 Inaugural IFL Grand Prix iirc. Awesome poster and it looks to be signed by all the fighters. I really wish these guys stuck around a bit more, cool idea with some good fighters. I'm going to try to find the event online and watch it in full asap

UFC on Fuel TV: Silva vs Stann poster
Fucking sweet event. Main event is one of my favorite fights plus Hunts beautiful walk off KO over Struve. The fact that's its in Japanese makes it so much better.

UFC on Versus 4: Kongo vs Barry poster
Marquardt was replaced by Brenneman, AJ was also supposed to fight and some other late replacements happened which bumped Barry and Kongo to the main. Either way it was one of the best come backs in MMA history in the main event and this thing looks to be signed by most of the card, fucking sweet.

Captain America is right.....This has to be the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for me, over the internet on an MMA forum of all places. I honestly can't say enough good things about gestures like this as not only is not expected but I have a feeling that he's probably just as happy to give this as I am to get it, no homo. This will be going up in my home gym along with 2 others I have, UFC 1 and 182, once i get some sort of framing.I'm going to get you back for this friend, mark my words.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Awesome story man, and well done Captain America! Like I said when we started this place...I have met more genuinely good people throughout this process, than I could have ever imagined. People willing to give their time, and in some cases, money...just to lend a helping hand. The MMA Community is strong!

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Holy fuck I got chicken skin reading that. I despise usong the term but that is legit awesome

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Song2;n9267 said:
Holy fuck I got chicken skin reading that. I despise usong the term but that is legit awesome
100%. When I got the text from my wife I just said what do you think it is and the first picture she sent was one of those cardboard tubes. I wass super pumped at the thought of a random poster which more than likely would be a replica of some sort. Then as the other pics rolled in I was speechless, signatures, Japanese, great events, orgs from yesteryore!!!!!!

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Dayum santa found out u weren't naughty but nice...i gotta package with Perfect stranger re runs and coal WTF..next year prolly be a library of the fkn babysitters club...

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
ECC170;n9561 said:
Dayum santa found out u weren't naughty but nice...i gotta package with Perfect stranger re runs and coal WTF..next year prolly be a library of the fkn babysitters club...

Perfect Stranger re-runs...

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
ECC170;n9561 said:

If its the babysitters club library that I have then your in luck.

"Mr. BirdWatcher! What are you and your wife doing back early? I'm so embarrassed being caught in your guys bedrroom in the nude..."

"Honey, get the camera..."

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Bahaha Bird...you prolly more of a Step by Step guy...id DVR the fuck out of TGIF if it returned..loved the urkle Bruce Lee episode

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ha! Step by step...How about Mr Belvedere? Corky from life goes on? Night court? Air Wolf? Magnum PI? This needs its own thread with pictures.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
BirdWatcher;n9587 said:
Ha! Step by step...How about Mr Belvedere? Corky from life goes on? Night court? Air Wolf? Magnum PI? This needs its own thread with pictures.
I fkn 2nd that...dont make me go MY 2 DADS on that ass..no homo lol

Captain America

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Those are signed by the entire card, by the way. At least that's what the place I bought them from said.