Lifestyle Attn medical doctors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yuki Nakai's Eye

Slow in the head, Quick in bed
Sep 2, 2015
am I in trouble?

Blood Pressure on my home arm cuff Omron: 180/112, pulse 69

I know there's a margin of error with these machines. Didn't do any hard exertion before taking it. I have been abusing my body hardcore for the past three weeks, booze and shit food.

Is this hypertensive crisis territory? How high is my risk for stroke? (Overweight 33 yr old)

Yuki Nakai's Eye

Sep 2, 2015
Also are home a1c tests worth a shit? Currently without health insurance but I have a feeling I'm close to the beetus

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Sounds pretty good to me.

Drink more bloody Mary's. Got vitamin c and e in it.

And they are delicious

Just watch out for the level of spice if your gonna have a few.

P

Punch

am I in trouble?

I know there's a margin of error with these machines. Didn't do any hard exertion before taking it. I have been abusing my body hardcore for the past three weeks, booze and shit food.

Is this hypertensive crisis territory? How high is my risk for stroke? (Overweight 33 yr old)
Lay off the yayo homie, damn!

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
am I in trouble?

Yes.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Yuki Nakai's Eye @Yuki Nakai's Eye

No insurance sucks.

Are your ankles swollen? Do you get short of breath walking upstairs?
If,yes, go see a doctor. If not, maybe....

Drinking a lot can cause dehydration and your blood to be thick, raising your bp. Take 325 mg aspirin and drink 3 or 4 glasses of water. Lay down for a while and retake BP in an hour.

I'd still recommend a doctor.

Yuki Nakai's Eye

Sep 2, 2015
Yuki Nakai's Eye @Yuki Nakai's Eye

No insurance sucks.

Are your ankles swollen? Do you get short of breath walking upstairs?
If,yes, go see a doctor. If not, maybe....

Drinking a lot can cause dehydration and your blood to be thick, raising your bp. Take 325 mg aspirin and drink 3 or 4 glasses of water. Lay down for a while and retake BP in an hour.

I'd still recommend a doctor.
Ankles do not appear swollen. There's a good chance I am dehydrated.

Thanks for the tips

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
What types of existing medical conditions do you have that you have an arm cuff at home?

Yuki Nakai's Eye

Sep 2, 2015
Took your advice. An hour later after aspirin, water and laying down. Systolic dropped 15 points to 165. No change in diastolic, still at 112.

TalkingLeaf

Nov 4, 2015
If I were you I would take some actions to get healthier. Clean up your diet, cut out salt (think of salt like a sponge that soaks up fluid and retains it in your body, more fluid takes a higher bp to move around), exercise. High bp negatively impacts all your organs. You seem to be on a road that leads to a stroke eventually. Eating healthy can suck sometimes, but I've seen first hand the devastating impacts a stroke can have on a person.

Consider this your warning sign. Take action now. Don't wait until your kidneys are fucked, or you can't use your left side, or you can't articulate the thoughts in your head into words to make lifestyle changes.

High bp can be hard to control with medication, plus the medicines side effects can often make you feel worse than having high bp does. That's why a lot of people stop taking bp meds. They feel worse on the medication. Make no mistake though, high bp is killing you, whether it feels like it or not.

The good news is is that lifestyle changes can get rid of high bp without having to use medicines. But you need to do it now before it's too late.

Good luck, friend.