General ATTN MoDs!!!!!!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I barely pay attention to the drama aspects of this site and it's members. I have heard the term "Pinked" and honestly wasn't sure if it was a joke or an actual thing.

There are a lot of cool people here but I agree with One Trick in that this community seemed a lot more corgiel not that long ago.

Some are aware the first 6 months on this site there was an issue with me and a former member/former mod who was editing my post and not answering to anyone. I tried to point it out and was shunned for creating multiple threads and I viewed it as a matter of "growing pains". This site's admins I'm sure have a lot on their plate and initially just went with trust and benefit of doubt. When my particular situation was reviewed, I had a lot of acknowledgement and justification that the mod was in fact in the wrong, my post shouldn't have been edited and I was being made to look bad.

All of that shit was water under the bridge. What happened with me barely affected me in real life and certainly didn't affect anyone here in real life, but I show up here more than a year later with welcome arms, and out the blue forum member Jason73 starts bringing up old shit as if him and I had some sort of personal vendettta's towards one another. It was spooky as much as it was surprising. Creepy more than anything that some random dude would hold a grudge on the internet, for something that happened on the internet, and his main gripe was "it's the internet" lol, irony at it's finest.

Then I notice we have 1 or 2 trolls who aren't even entertaining or original, they're just unfunny and negative so I put them on ignore. I don't want my contributions of this site to be enjoyed by unappreciative negative people. My mistake was making this statement on this forum b/c even though I had a couple people on ignore, they could still see my post and contributions and one of the few people I had on ignore, conor mcgregor nuthugger I believe, consistently reads my posts. I know he does, b/c he consistently puts either the wtf emoticon or the shit emoticon.

That's creepy to me. Someone I've barely if ever interacted with, following me on this site like a stalker, so annoyed that I don't want to give him attention he consistently finds my posts just to let me know he still reads my posts.

I'm glad this forum exist, and I still frequent it fairly often and plan to continue that, but if you guys see me contributing more on other mma forums instead of this one, it's because there are negative people here who I want to ignore, but surprisingly this site's features do not allow that to happen. And this site having features is one of the great aspects of this site. Make ignore function bisexual, go both ways. I'll make an honest effort to considerably contribute more to this site if you guys could do that for me.

Otherwise, if you're gonna give trolls platforms to troll in anyway they can, the trolls are going to take over and win, and they'll be less and less traffic here b/c of it.

Anyways, props to all the COOL mother fuckers, I know ya'll are still out there.
They're giving you shit like guys give people shit everywhere. New guy on the job site? Fuck with him. Frat? fuck with him.
I am against the internet troll gauntlet of crush and despair to get to the other side. But someone giving you shit over something you admit was not your finest hour is them probing to see if you can laugh at yourself. This is how lots of people interact lots of places in real life.

If you feels someone is really out of line, hit us up and report it. Otherwise, I'd suggest taking it mostly in stride as if you just made a joke out of it, those guys would likely have laughed with you.

Also, please name me more than one MMA site that provides blocking of your content to others. You can't because that isn't standard. I appreciate the suggestion for the feature. I don't care much for the speculation that this is a standard feature we are missing that others offer, and thus you are being forced elsewhere due to it. They don't. I assure you I spend a lot of time thinking and researching this. I am considering shadow ban options in which someone ends up on everyone's ignore list for a period and can be viewed is someone chooses. Or the ability to force two users to ignore each other for a period for all of our sake. But at the end, if someone can just log out and see your content, it doesn't do much to block them from viewing your content.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
The next fucking cry baby in the thread is getting a virtual kick in the taint.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
They're giving you shit like guys give people shit everywhere. New guy on the job site? Fuck with him. Frat? fuck with him.
I am against the internet troll gauntlet of crush and despair to get to the other side. But someone giving you shit over something you admit was not your finest hour is them probing to see if you can laugh at yourself. This is how lots of people interact lots of places in real life.

If you feels someone is really out of line, hit us up and report it. Otherwise, I'd suggest taking it mostly in stride as if you just made a joke out of it, those guys would likely have laughed with you.

Also, please name me more than one MMA site that provides blocking of your content to others. You can't because that isn't standard. I appreciate the suggestion for the feature. I don't care much for the speculation that this is a standard feature we are missing that others offer, and thus you are being forced elsewhere due to it. They don't. I assure you I spend a lot of time thinking and researching this. I am considering shadow ban options in which someone ends up on everyone's ignore list for a period and can be viewed is someone chooses. Or the ability to force two users to ignore each other for a period for all of our sake. But at the end, if someone can just log out and see your content, it doesn't do much to block them from viewing your content.
That's a very solid post Splinty. Thanks for taking the time to address in detail, as well as using tact.
The only thing I'd disagree with is you highlighting in bold "I admitted" as if that insinuates I did something ban worthy. Not my finest hour, fair enough, but it reads as if I fucked up and people are giving me shit for it. I never broke any rules, which you already know, we just agreed it was a new site's growing pains and it's just the internet so no big deal.

You're probably right about other forums/places not being able to have the feature I was suggesting. I know that's your area of expertise and honestly, although I know I'm not the brightest light bulb, this site has so many top of the line features that it made me feel like it could be done. That's a credit to this site and the crew(you or whoever it is) that gives us all these features.

At the end of the day, your biggest counter point you made is the logging off to see post aspect. That'd be hard to negate, although I don't think people would go through extreme measures like that consistently, I wouldn't put it past a few in this lot lol.

Anyways, thanks for the tactful reply.

PS-also disagree with the giving you shit. I'm not gonna waste my time searching trying to find the post, but the context in which things have been said were clearly not in the manner you suggested. I totally see where you were coming from and it was nice of you to suggest that angle, but I assure you that was not the context.

Last edited:

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
The ego on you...
You can go kick rocks for all I care. You're fake as far as I'm concerned. In our history, which is a long one, you and I had plenty of interactions, all positive, especially on the other forums after dark section, and when this site was new and there were no rules in place, you never once said anything to note the history I had that you never once had ever complained out. Didn't have to, but of everyone I was most surprised and disappointed with, was you, and then next was me. Me, for thinking you were actually a cool dude. Maybe you are in real life, but in terms of how you are online, see my first two sentences.

All that being said, since I'm being 100% honest, your taste in tits is absolutely fantastic, can't even front on that.

PS-At least I try to contribute to this site. You don't post anything in fapout, or in the if you need a laugh thread or anywhere else I have seen. If you have quality contributions, I haven't seen shit in a years. Not from you anyway.

Last edited:

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You can go kick rocks for all I care. You're fake as far as I'm concerned. In our history, which is a long one, you and I had plenty of interactions, all positive, especially on the other forums after dark section, and when this site was new and there were no rules in place, you never once said anything to note the history I had that you never once had ever complained out. Didn't have to, but of everyone I was most surprised and disappointed with, was you, and then next was me. Me, for thinking you were actually a cool dude. Maybe you are in real life, but in terms of how you are online, see my first two sentences.

All that being said, since I'm being 100% honest, your taste in tits is absolutely fantastic, can't even front on that.

PS-At least I try to contribute to this site. You don't post anything in fapout, or in the if you need a laugh thread or anywhere else I have seen. If you have quality contributions, I haven't seen shit in a years. Not from you anyway.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
jason73 @jason73

I love how riled up I get you. Your weakness comes across online. You also begrudgingly love many of my contributions, in particular the looking for a laugh thread. You can comment and try to troll me all you want with post like above, but what you won't do, is put me on ignore. You don't have the balls to because you live for moments of me addressing you. Congrats, I've done it twice today, that's a record. Everytime I see I get an emoticon reply from you or my other fanboy ConorMcgregorNuthugger, it makes me smile knowing you see my post and hate the fact there are many you're entertained by.

You want to hate me, and do, but you also hate the fact I can also make you laugh. It drives you nuts, and it makes me smirk ;)

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
jason73 @jason73

I love how riled up I get you. Your weakness comes across online. You also begrudgingly love many of my contributions, in particular the looking for a laugh thread. You can comment and try to troll me all you want with post like above, but what you won't do, is put me on ignore. You don't have the balls to because you live for moments of me addressing you. Congrats, I've done it twice today, that's a record. Everytime I see I get an emoticon reply from you or my other fanboy ConorMcgregorNuthugger, it makes me smile knowing you see my post and hate the fact there are many you're entertained by.

You want to hate me, and do, but you also hate the fact I can also make you laugh. It drives you nuts, and it makes me smirk ;)

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The only thing I'd disagree with is you highlighting in bold "I admitted" as if that insinuates I did something ban worthy. Not my finest hour, fair enough, but it reads as if I fucked up and people are giving me shit for it. I never broke any rules, which you already know, we just agreed it was a new site's growing pains and it's just the internet so no big deal.
I meant you had a situation that you've made fun of yourself before. It makes you pretty affable when you do. I forgot what you said one time, but you laughed about it and it made me laugh and think, "haha, badass that guys alright".

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
write another 5000 word essay that no one will ever read
This post confuses me. If you're not reading my post(lol didn't read), then what in the world is this in reference to?

I do recall a long time ago asking this site for transparency, but you, are too transparent. Work on that.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This post confuses me. If you're not reading my post(lol didn't read), then what in the world is this in reference to?

I do recall a long time ago asking this site for transparency, but you, are too transparent. Work on that.
Do you think splinty should tell us why John got pinked?

Status
Not open for further replies.