Attorney: Hunt turned down Dos Santos at UFC 206; UFC didn’t agree to proposed terms

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

According to Mark Hunt’s attorney, the longtime heavyweight fighter recently turned down a fight with Junior dos Santos at UFC 206.

Mark Hunt has shown distaste towards the UFC since a summer UFC 200 loss to Brock Lesnar, who tested positive for a banned substance, clomiphene, after the fight. Hunt is currently involved in an ongoing battle with the organization and has been recently exploring legal options.

Hunt wants a provision in his contract stating that if an opponent is flagged for a potential USADA violation, his fight purse would be given to Hunt. The longtime heavyweight contender is also looking for compensation from the UFC because of Lesnar’s failed drug test.

Hunt retained the services of San Diego attorney Christina Denning, a partner of Higgs Fletcher & Mack, for…

Hunt turned down JDS; UFC didn’t agree to terms

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I agree with Hunt's position. I also would have looked for an excuse to not get destroyed by JDS...just joking! I mean not about me, obviously, but about him.

I do agree with the idea. I have mixed feelings about it - like the whole Mendes thing. But I think people know now that anything that touches their bodies at all should be reported to USADA for clearance and if you are in another country and aren't eating super expensive organic grass-fed pasture-raised whatever, you should be trying for a vegan diet. And you should only drink water that's been distilled if bottled is unavailable. Etc.

The only problem is that there are a lot of other people whose livelihoods are on the line when a fighter loses their purse, and I'm not sure it would be good for the longevity of the sport for those people to lose out, especially if there's any kind of legit mistake or unknown involved.

Maybe just the win purse if the fighter wins, or the win purse and half the show purse, that kind of thing. Idk.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I do agree with the idea. I have mixed feelings about it - like the whole Mendes thing. But I think people know now that anything that touches their bodies at all should be reported to USADA for clearance and if you are in another country and aren't eating super expensive organic grass-fed pasture-raised whatever, you should be trying for a vegan diet. And you should only drink water that's been distilled if bottled is unavailable. Etc.
And you should also be required to hunt said grass fed meat, post pics to instagram of kills, cooking and eating. Or show yourself planting and harvesting the crops if you go the vegan route.

-USADA

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I really like the idea. Maybe not 100% goes to the opponent but maybe 50% of total salary and any bonuses go to the opponent.

Long suspensions aren't stopping people and doesn't help the person that fought the "dirty" fighter but a giant financial penalty that goes to the opponent on top of suspension may be what it takes if the ultimate goal is to remove PEDs from the sport.

Neural

Feb 25, 2016
I agree with Hunt's position. I also would have looked for an excuse to not get destroyed by JDS...just joking! I mean not about me, obviously, but about him.

The only problem is that there are a lot of other people whose livelihoods are on the line when a fighter loses their purse, and I'm not sure it would be good for the longevity of the sport for those people to lose out, especially if there's any kind of legit mistake or unknown involved.

Maybe just the win purse if the fighter wins, or the win purse and half the show purse, that kind of thing. Idk.
Yea what about 1/3 the show purse, all of the win Purse and they have to suck their opponent off afterwards?
I'd make fuckin sure not to put anything potentially tainted into my body if that was the rules, cause yanno, then they'd really be "tainted" by meat...

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I really like the idea. Maybe not 100% goes to the opponent but maybe 50% of total salary and any bonuses go to the opponent.

Long suspensions aren't stopping people and doesn't help the person that fought the "dirty" fighter but a giant financial penalty that goes to the opponent on top of suspension may be what it takes if the ultimate goal is to remove PEDs from the sport.
You will never ever ever remove PEDs from the sport.

Look at cycling... Even with the penalties involved and the way loads of teams wont take people who have tested positive for certain stuff people are still getting caught taking stuff.

You wont get rid of it, only reduce it.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
You will never ever ever remove PEDs from the sport.

Look at cycling... Even with the penalties involved and the way loads of teams wont take people who have tested positive for certain stuff people are still getting caught taking stuff.

You wont get rid of it, only reduce it.
I definitely agree. People are always going to look for an edge. But if the goal is to "eliminate" them then the penalties are going to have to be so insanely severe that it's just not even worth the risk.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Doesn't want that wheel kick again. He should probably go fight all those clean guys in bellator or one fc

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015

deterrence at its finest. ppl wont be willing to cheat because they wont want to lose all their dough. at that point, with all the random usada drug testing and loss of purse as a new consequence, idk who in their right mind would wanna cheat unless they have undetectable stuff

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
All good I am about done with UFC anyways.
Lie to me once shame on me
Lie to me twice shame on me
Lie to me thrice shame on me
Lie to me many more times...

fuck off

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
deterrence at its finest. ppl wont be willing to cheat because they wont want to lose all their dough. at that point, with all the random usada drug testing and loss of purse as a new consequence, idk who in their right mind would wanna cheat unless they have undetectable stuff
Makes perfect sense....and none of this tainted supplement BS excuse....I don't believe a single one of those fighters excuses, even if they have a "note from their doctor" or "independent tests prove supplement was taint"

Lie to me once shame on me...

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
LOL he was the best actor to play "US president yet"

I prefer real comedy actors over the drama actors they have used lately

I'm convinced he actually thought he was President. That's why I think he was so convincing.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'm convinced he actually thought he was President. That's why I think he was so convincing.
it was a reality TV thing for sure...imagine the stuff they told him every day lol