Attorney: Jones’ history could get him jail time in current case

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Since MMA (and every other sport) is on vacation due to COVID-19, Jon Jones picked a particularly bad time to run afoul of the law yet again. Early Thursday morning, the UFC light heavyweight champion was arrested on DWI and firearms charges. Police bodycam footage and the officer’s reports don’t look good for the champ, and combined with his many other run-ins with police in the past, Jones could be looking at a more serious punishment this time around.

MMA Fighting spoke to a criminal defense attorney, David Serna, who gave his expert opinion on the circumstances surrounding the case. In particular, his 2012 DUI case could be used to show that Jones deserves jail time for this arrest:

“It allows the…

Attorney: Jon Jones’ prior criminal history could get him jail time in current DWI case

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
man times flies I thought he got that d.u.i case like maybe 4 years ago.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
man times flies I thought he got that d.u.i case like maybe 4 years ago.
He escaped a dui with the hit and run and that's why he waited so long to turn himself in. Got to make sure the alcohol is out of your system. I think that was about 4 years ago.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He escaped a dui with the hit and run and that's why he waited so long to turn himself in. Got to make sure the alcohol is out of your system. I think that was about 4 years ago.
yep
everybody knows it
he got off real easy on that one

pulled all nighter and smashed into people the next day...then ran off for a few days after returning to scene to grab the drugs and money...hopped a wall they said

truth is stranger than fiction lol

M

member 3289

Lol this guy never passed the bar.

Jones isn't going to jail, get over it pussies

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
they'll put him on the nonce wing anyway, he's too delicate for gen pop

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
He won't get jail time. Massive fine and community service. Another fake apology and back to business as usual. Nothing to see here. He won't do any time until the day comes when he gets behind the wheel and actually kills someone.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Jon Jones is going down the same path as former NFL player Aarron Hernandez.

Hernandez in college at Florida got everything he wanted - free drinks - was suspected of being involved in a drive by shooting while attending Florida but was never questioned by authorities.

Was involved in a double homocide then received a 5 year 40million dollar deal from the New Wngland Patriots.

The list goes on where Hernandez kept getting 2nd chances till he finally broke and it all fell apart.

Jon Jones dealing with potential CTE - an admitted Coke user - marijuana smoker - vodka drinker - who has recently been playing with guns keeps getting in trouble yet due to his value to the UFC he keeps getting 2nd-3rd-4th chances.....

None of this is helping Jon Jones learn from his mistakes instead it keeps feeding his urges and impulses ...keeps making him think he is invincible ...no way this ends good.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Hernandez in college at Florida got everything he wanted - free drinks - was suspected of being involved in a drive by shooting while attending Florida but was never questioned by authorities.

Was involved in a double homocide then received a 5 year 40million dollar deal from the New Wngland Patriots.

The list goes on where Hernandez kept getting 2nd chances till he finally broke and it all fell apart.

Jon Jones dealing with potential CTE - an admitted Coke user - marijuana smoker - vodka drinker - who has recently been playing with guns keeps getting in trouble yet due to his value to the UFC he keeps getting 2nd-3rd-4th chances.....

None of this is helping Jon Jones learn from his mistakes instead it keeps feeding his urges and impulses ...keeps making him think he is invincible ...no way this ends good.
scary to think how he would deal with being viciously KOed
or maybe that is the check he actually needs

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Hernandez was involved with organized crime since he was a teenager. Jon Jones is just a privileged sociopath..... He'll probably end up killing someone in a car accident while he is drunk/high af and then do real time...

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
How can he keep doing this to himself?

Jones really is his own worst enemy.
It angers me so much. He hadn't even reached his peak when he had the world at his feet. Nike deal, not exactly a household name but not far off. And he spunked it all up the wall. I used to love him, but I'm now wondering how many drug tests were missed early on and we were all fucked over.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It angers me so much. He hadn't even reached his peak when he had the world at his feet. Nike deal, not exactly a household name but not far off. And he spunked it all up the wall. I used to love him, but I'm now wondering how many drug tests were missed early on and we were all fucked over.
He's going to have to start living no Dana's fight island to avoid arrest.