Cinema Atypical (on Netflix)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
not really opening up a thread to discuss it per se

but just an fyi, i found it REALLY funny. and its cute too

father is a dude from good will hunting. son is on the spectrum (high functioning austistic). daughter is badass and funny. and wife does her own thing

its 8-30 minutes episodes. so 4 hours in total. you'll know in the first 4 minutes if u like the type of humor. and you'll know halfway through episode 1 if you also can get the feels on the more serious side of it

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
The dad is also the annoying voice on Schaubs podcast occasionally! I've watched most of it. Its gentle, and some of the things the lad comes out with make me laugh. Sometimes a bit saccharine for me though.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
The dad is also the annoying voice on Schaubs podcast occasionally! I've watched most of it. Its gentle, and some of the things the lad comes out with make me laugh. Sometimes a bit saccharine for me though.
for everyone more on my level... (had no idea what that S word meant. but in hindsight, i should have. arent saccharides one of the first elemental chains we learn back in highschool biology 1? poly saccharides! lol fats or sugars or something. by the definition below, im guessing a polysacharide is a complex sugar)

sac·cha·rine
ˈsak(ə)rən/
adjective
  1. 1.
    excessively sweet or sentimental.
    synonyms: sentimental, sickly, mawkish, cloying, sugary, sickening, nauseating; More

2. 2.
    dated
    relating to or containing sugar; sugary.
noun
  1. 1.
    another term for saccharin.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
damn I got too many shows to start a new one I barely started the new season of went worth and that noomi rapace show.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
damn I got too many shows to start a new one I barely started the new season of went worth and that noomi rapace show.
This one's 4 hours total for season 1 if it makes a difference. U will know literally within 4 minutes if u like the humor or not..it's definitely not for everyone

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
Lol. Thanks for the dictionary breakdown. haha. I drop it in, in reference to things that are over sentimental, make your teeth hurt over sweet or schmaltzy if you will :p

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Not yet. The saccharine suggested has me on the fence.
literally watch the first 4 minute intro and you will know if u like the home. then halfway through episode 1, u will see some of the more serious side. i rewatched ep 1 yesterday after making this thread. i really enjoyed this show for what thats worth (and i usually dont like shows unless they have elves or swords in them)

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
I just watched the last ep and the line the boy comes out with at the end of the dance was hilarious.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I managed 4 minutes of it and tapped.