"Audible Channels" discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016

Priziesthorse @Priziesthorse my joke has been turned into reality....look at this review:

hahah ok cool. i always figured u were tyring to push his button whenever u use the word read in relation to audioboks (and ive seen it on other threads), but im glad u confirmed it. =) ur funny

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
I often listen to Audible at 1.25x speed when I find the narrator slow. I enjoy that option.
yeah depends ont he author. im doing "rereads" of ASOIAF right now, and im doing them at 1.9 since ive read them all 2 or three times and already audiobooked them 2 or 3 times as well... and 1x is pretty slow regardless for thisnarrator

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
A little off topic...

Anyone got any Audible suggestions?

Recently listened to:

The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermi
Written by: Michael Finkel

Not bad. I expected a bit more insight into the recluse lifestyle but was a decent listen.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: 50th Anniversary Edition
Written by: Ken Kesey , Robert Faggen

A classic. Always entertaining as they come.

A Man Called Ove
Written by: Fredrik Backman

A good listen. Entertaining. Touches at the heart and on the loss of a loved one and how vulnerable we all are.

Fifteen Dogs

Written by: André Alexis

A Canada Reads finalist but I struggled to get into it and connect with the story. I thought I would be a mark, being a dog guy & someone who enjoys philosophy but I cant say I recommend this book.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I enjoyed "the great Escape." Was really short tho. I think it wss only 6 hours or so at 1x.

Wasn't life changing, but for me, it wss kind of awesome sibc e 95% of what I listen to has magic, elves, or sword fights.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
just a heads up for anyone who has been signed up for Audible, there was a class action lawsuit filed a couple years ago that customers felt the legal writing was to vague and members were not aware they would lose already purchased credits if they unsubscribed.

Judge did not rule on either side and audible agreed to compensate any customers who may have lost credits.

I was digging through emails from 6 months back and found out Audible had sent me 2 Credits...it had been sitting in my email box for 6 months before I realized this...

Check your emails ..you may have some free credits in there from Audible.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
just a heads up for anyone who has been signed up for Audible, there was a class action lawsuit filed a couple years ago that customers felt the legal writing was to vague and members were not aware they would lose already purchased credits if they unsubscribed.

Judge did not rule on either side and audible agreed to compensate any customers who may have lost credits.

I was digging through emails from 6 months back and found out Audible had sent me 2 Credits...it had been sitting in my email box for 6 months before I realized this...

Check your emails ..you may have some free credits in there from Audible.
Did you have to activate the credits? If not, about easy way to check would just be ti log into the account on a webpage or the app (usually credits auto load ... but theres a max of 6 you can store. So youd lose any that come in if you are sitting on a 6 credit queue (take that with a grain of salt)

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
A little off topic...

Anyone got any Audible suggestions?

Recently listened to:

The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermi
Written by: Michael Finkel

Not bad. I expected a bit more insight into the recluse lifestyle but was a decent listen.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: 50th Anniversary Edition
Written by: Ken Kesey , Robert Faggen

A classic. Always entertaining as they come.

A Man Called Ove
Written by: Fredrik Backman

A good listen. Entertaining. Touches at the heart and on the loss of a loved one and how vulnerable we all are.

Fifteen Dogs

Written by: André Alexis

A Canada Reads finalist but I struggled to get into it and connect with the story. I thought I would be a mark, being a dog guy & someone who enjoys philosophy but I cant say I recommend this book.

The greatest one I've ever listened to is Alan Partidge: Nomad

very, very funny

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Did you have to activate the credits? If not, about easy way to check would just be ti log into the account on a webpage or the app (usually credits auto load ... but theres a max of 6 you can store. So youd lose any that come in if you are sitting on a 6 credit queue (take that with a grain of salt)
Good point, but this was a little different... I rarely actually log into my account but after seeing the email I immediately logged into my account it said I had 0 credits, it wasn't until I went and purchased a book that I was notified that the purchase would cost $0 dollars.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Recently finished Stalling For Time by Gary Noesner. Great book that had me digging into some stories I never heard of. Some of his experiences make me frustrated just listening to the challenges he had to deal with in his own people. Would recommend.

On deck is Sapiens by Yuval Harari then Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond.