General Australian Fires - Why are foreigners donating to the wealthiest country on Earth?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
So I was just watching part of the UFC press conference and I noticed the disgusting bald cunt was wearing a shirt with a picture of Australia on it. That's truly the most offensive image I have ever seen. Then they got into the usual stuff about donations. I can't turn anywhere on the internet without seeing some American or UK charity drive for the fires.

Now of course, even a hate-filled piece of shit like me can appreciate that people are trying to donate to various charities. But I'm seeing cunts even donating to fire services that could easily be funded our own government

Because foreigners know this place isn't exactly Afghanistan (although you might think it is if you find yourself in Western Sydney), right? In fact, by the most sensible measure of individual financial prosperity (median wealth - GDP per capita means shit unless you think a Qatari slave is killing it), we are the wealthiest country on the planet. The average Australian has 3x the wealth of the average American. We're fucking loaded. Foreigners should be spending that money in places that really need it.

The thing is, we're completely up shit creek here - it's only going to get hotter and drier. When this happens year after year, all of these foreign dollars are going to stop rolling in as people lose interest and move on to the next cause of the day. What the money is doing is stopping cunts here from realizing that we are going to need to use our own existing wealth to pump into all sorts of programs to deal with it. The sooner people stop treating this as a one-off novelty cause, the better off we'll be.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
my only issue with it is how much of that money is going to actually reach austrailia and who is receiving the money when it gets there . so often when these fund raising events take place the money just disappears before it gets anywhere that it could make a difference.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
A pic of Australia is the most offensive thing you ever saw? Have u ever heard of the Holocaust

Also usa is a bazillion times more wealthy than Australia imo

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i know that both canada and the USA have sent over fire fighters as our seasons are opposite and when we have bad fire seasons austrailia sends fire fighters over here. i dont know how much of a difference money is going to make . resources and better wildfire management so it doesnt happen again in the future are more to the point

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
How about throwing that money towards preventative clearing and forest maintenance? Create some more jobs and save communities from burning down.

Maybe the treehuggers and bleeding hearts were wrong about the forestry industry and doing a bit of clear cutting wouldn't have been such a horrible thing. That's okay though, now they can whine about climate change.

M

member 3289

You're English-speaking white people. We will do whatever we can to make sure you're safe and taken care of.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
A pic of Australia is the most offensive thing you ever saw? Have u ever heard of the Holocaust

Also usa is a bazillion times more wealthy than Australia imo
India is also more wealthy than Australia in absolute terms. But we don't have hundreds of millions of people shitting in the streets either (just a few hundred thousand in Adelaide). I figured people could understand that wealthiest meant in practical terms. The point is that the average Aussie is richer than the average person of any other country, so we're not some 3rd world country in desperate need of outside support.

The government here can leverage plenty of funding and it's going to need to.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
How about throwing that money towards preventative clearing and forest maintenance? Create some more jobs and save communities from burning down.

Maybe the treehuggers and bleeding hearts were wrong about the forestry industry and doing a bit of clear cutting wouldn't have been such a horrible thing. That's okay though, now they can whine about climate change.
Mate, we have a conservative federal government that has been in power since 2013 and the state that has been by far the worst impacted by the fires has had a conservative government since 2011. There has been mismanagement, but it's got nothing to do with 'tree huggers' who are not in charge of anything. It's just complete nonsense. Hazard reduction is not as easy as you think, they've fucked it up before and actually caused massive fires. The problem is climate change which reduces the window for hazard reduction, and a lack of resources - which haven't been provided by these conservative governments. That's not me talking, that's the NSW Rural Fire Service Commissioner talking.

View: https://twitter.com/BreakfastNews/status/1214661659219771392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1214663411591630848&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fjunkee.com%2Fgreens-blame-bushfires-hazard-reduction%2F236890

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
You're English-speaking white people. We will do whatever we can to make sure you're safe and taken care of.
It's just a shame you only organise coups against our left-leaning Prime Ministers, because getting rid of this one would help us out a fair bit.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Mate, we have a conservative federal government that has been in power since 2013 and the state that has been by far the worst impacted by the fires has had a conservative government since 2011. There has been mismanagement, but it's got nothing to do with 'tree huggers' who are not in charge of anything. It's just complete nonsense. Hazard reduction is not as easy as you think, they've fucked it up before and actually caused massive fires. The problem is climate change which reduces the window for hazard reduction, and a lack of resources - which haven't been provided by these conservative governments. That's not me talking, that's the NSW Rural Fire Service Commissioner talking.

View: https://twitter.com/BreakfastNews/status/1214661659219771392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1214663411591630848&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fjunkee.com%2Fgreens-blame-bushfires-hazard-reduction%2F236890
Utter fucking nonsense. Controlled burning and preventative clearing is proven to help prevent the spread of fires.

Reduces the window for hazard reduction? What planet are you on? Maybe in hindsight yeah. Seasonal maintenance is a hell of a lot better response than fucking waiting for shit to hit the fan.
Let's discuss these aussie property owners who've been fined upwards of $100 000k for clearing trees and brush from their land. Because it wasnt in the (dont quote me on this I am paraphrasing) 6m from existing structure allowance they get fined up the ass for some bullshit environmental protection act. But hey, his house is standing and his family is alive. Small price to pay imo.

M

member 3289

India is also more wealthy than Australia in absolute terms. But we don't have hundreds of millions of people shitting in the streets either (just a few hundred thousand in Adelaide). I figured people could understand that wealthiest meant in practical terms.
Anyone with a brain could understand that

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Utter fucking nonsense. Controlled burning and preventative clearing is proven to help prevent the spread of fires.

Reduces the window for hazard reduction? What planet are you on? Maybe in hindsight yeah. Seasonal maintenance is a hell of a lot better response than fucking waiting for shit to hit the fan.
Let's discuss these aussie property owners who've been fined upwards of $100 000k for clearing trees and brush from their land. Because it wasnt in the (dont quote me on this I am paraphrasing) 6m from existing structure allowance they get fined up the ass for some bullshit environmental protection act. But hey, his house is standing and his family is alive. Small price to pay imo.
Yes, utter fucking nonsense being spread by the head of the rural fire service in Australia's most populous state. I'm sure you know more than him.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016

6m is meters or miles?

Meters wouldn't mean shit when the wind is blowing burning debris everywhere, and not sure there are too many property owners with 6 miles of land either, certainly not enough given how small of an area of Aus is actually populated.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
You should reach for the glock...

I don't think it's a good idea to be quoting that guy, kid. He's a white dude who seems to live in a southeast Asian brothel who constantly posts selfies of himself. There's definite 'stranger danger' vibes, if you catch my drift. I think it would be a good safety precaution to let your parents know that you've been conversing with him on the internet.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
I don't think it's a good idea to be quoting that guy, kid. He's a white dude who seems to live in a southeast Asian brothel who constantly posts selfies of himself. There's definite 'stranger danger' vibes, if you catch my drift. I think it would be a good safety precaution to let your parents know that you've been conversing with him on the internet.
Both of my parents are dead...

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
This guy makes a good point Thuglife13 @Thuglife13