General Authorities investigating after Indonesian plane goes missing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
A Boeing 737 passenger plane carrying 62 people is believed to have crashed into the sea shortly after take-off from Indonesia's capital Jakarta.
The Sriwijaya Air disappeared from radars four minutes into its journey to Pontianak in West Kalimantan province.
It is thought to have dropped more than 3,000m (10,000ft) in less than a minute, according to flight tracking website Flightradar24.com.
Witnesses said they had seen and heard at least one explosion.
Fisherman Solihin, who goes by one name, told the BBC Indonesian service he had witnessed a crash and his captain decided to return to land.
"The plane fell like lightning into the sea and exploded in the water," he said.
"It was pretty close to us, the shards of a kind of plywood almost hit my ship."

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
A Boeing 737 passenger plane carrying 62 people is believed to have crashed into the sea shortly after take-off from Indonesia's capital Jakarta.
The Sriwijaya Air disappeared from radars four minutes into its journey to Pontianak in West Kalimantan province.
It is thought to have dropped more than 3,000m (10,000ft) in less than a minute, according to flight tracking website Flightradar24.com.
Witnesses said they had seen and heard at least one explosion.
Fisherman Solihin, who goes by one name, told the BBC Indonesian service he had witnessed a crash and his captain decided to return to land.
"The plane fell like lightning into the sea and exploded in the water," he said.
"It was pretty close to us, the shards of a kind of plywood almost hit my ship."
Is that the one that just got approved to fly again?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Not from what I can tell
The 737-Max is the one that was grounded
This one was 27 years old, a 737-500
I'm very terrible at plane spotting. Same with trains. I once remarked "if it ain't a harrier or a Chinook then fuck knows what it is" much to the avail of one of my superiors.

And I definitely have zero clue about passenger aircraft, I have some suspicions about Boeing but it would be purely speculative.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I'm very terrible at plane spotting. Same with trains. I once remarked "if it ain't a harrier or a Chinook then fuck knows what it is" much to the avail of one of my superiors.

And I definitely have zero clue about passenger aircraft, I have some suspicions about Boeing but it would be purely speculative.
I know fuck all also, I just checked the models

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
No.
This plane has been active for 26 years.
Not Boeing's fault.
You think in 26 years there aren't changes to software and modifications made etc?

I'm not pointing the finger but it's not a good look for them given recent incidents.

Could be down to a single person fucking up during pre flight. Could be many things

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
You think in 26 years there aren't changes to software and modifications made etc?

I'm not pointing the finger but it's not a good look for them given recent incidents.

Could be down to a single person fucking up during pre flight. Could be many things
It's 100% not Boeing's fault
Their stock is going to $300

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It's 100% not Boeing's fault
Their stock is going to $300
Lots of manufacturer sell planes that includes periodic maintenance or upgrades etc. In rail it's the moneymaker, not certain about planes, it basically means that they have to have thier own certified guys carry out work pretty much when they decide something might blow up or something.

Lots of companies do it. They sell the equipment and have a long contract to send out a rep to fix it.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Indonesian airline companies collectively have some of the shittiest safety records in the world.

All Indonesian based airlines have been banned from flying into the EU since 2018 as a result.

Shitty maintenance, low hiring standards, and shitty pilot training. The air crash trifecta.