Lifestyle Avengers infinity war (possible spoilers)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
They seriously must have slowed down the rolling speed of those credits.

And then all for stupid bullshit that tells us nothing of significance.
I want to go again because I missed some having to leave the cinema spazzing out about Gamora but I sure as fuck won’t be hanging out for that again.

The Groot scene post credits after Guardians was really the only scene I’ve seen that was worth sticking around for.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
For some reason, I think it's Peter Quill that will ultimately take the soul stone and use it against Thanos because of his deeper love for Gamora, which reveals he still maintains celestial attributes.

There will be so many theories and so much going on with so many characters, I don't want to ruin it with my mindset going in.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
1) How he got the soul stone was bullshit. You wouldn't sacrifice the thing you love the most for something you've never seen. 2) Why didn't Doc Strange just dump Thanos into the dimension where Dormammu is before he got the other stones? 3) If you're Thor with that giant axe, and you know where the power comes from. Why wouldn't you have sliced his fucking arm off?

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
1) How he got the soul stone was bullshit. You wouldn't sacrifice the thing you love the most for something you've never seen. 2) Why didn't Doc Strange just dump Thanos into the dimension where Dormammu is before he got the other stones? 3) If you're Thor with that giant axe, and you know where the power comes from. Why wouldn't you have sliced his fucking arm off?
Hey pal, 6 weeks ago called.
They want their movie review back.

It's a movie.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So I have some questions.

I watched Thor ragnaRag again yesterday. And it occurred to me that some prominent figures didn't get addressed at the start of the infinity war.

That valkryrie chick

That dude made of perishable rocks.

But then when I started to ponder, the rabbit hole got deeper.

I have a feeling that Natalie Portman will show up in the next one, Thor is gonna go full celestial mode and sacrifice his life to save humanity.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I hope the chick from Thor with huge tits comes back at some point.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Tessa Thompson, aka Valkyrie chick is unknown.
It sounds like Disney wants to keep the black'ish Nordic Valkyrie as the love interest(lol), rather than Lady Sif, who was also absent from Ragnarok.
I don't think Portman is ever coming back as she wasn't contracted.
Lady Sif was prominent in the comics and gave birth to one of Thor's kids, it's only right they get together as king and queen.
So where's Korg and Tessa?
Well, in Infinity war, when Thor was explaining to the Guardians what they had to do, he said "Thanos already has the power stone because he took it last week when he decimated Xandar, and he just got the Tesseract when he attacked and killed my brother and HALF my people". or something to that effect.
I hope to see them back in some capacity because both were good characters.
They showed what looked like a dead Valkyrie on the Asgardian vessel, but it wasn't Tessa Thompson.
At the beginning of Infinity War it looked like the vessel was broken in half, perhaps escape pods utilized as Thanos was only interested in Loki's position.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
There's that xmen film out next year with dark Phoenix. How powerful are the xmen universe in relation to folks from the avengers stories? Did they ever fight in the comics?

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
There's that xmen film out next year with dark Phoenix. How powerful are the xmen universe in relation to folks from the avengers stories? Did they ever fight in the comics?
Yeah they did.
Xmen and Fantastic 4 were involved in Infinity War & Civil War as well iirc.
Phoenix would smoke about anyone.
I was in into the X-Men as a kid I just thought my dad was retarded for reading them. But when the movies came out they've been my favorite to watch

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
They did an X-Men vs. Avengers event that involved the Phoenix force. Just awful writing.

Goofy shit like that aside, team rosters change too much to give a definitive answer.

The Avengers sometimes have multiple big guns like Thor or Sentry. Other times they rely more on guys with shields and bows.

The X-Men generally favor psionic powers more, which could give them an edge on average.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Other times they rely more on guys with shields and bows
I don't know if you've noticed, but this makes me prettttttty angry.
Marvel totally disses Hawkeye in there MCU openings.
Despite being an original Avenger, he's not shown anywhere in the Marvel logo.

In my day, if you had a bow and arrow, you were the man.

M

member 3289

No one in the Marvel Universe has a realistic chance of defeating Thor in single combat.

The only person in the DC universe with a chance is Superman. But if it's that pussy Superman who lost to Batman then he'll get murked, too.

M

member 1013

No one in the Marvel Universe has a realistic chance of defeating Thor in single combat.

The only person in the DC universe with a chance is Superman. But if it's that pussy Superman who lost to Batman then he'll get murked, too.
Odin has the odinforce doe bruv.

And big meanie writers job him out for spite