Awesome documentary about dude who exposes psychic frauds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MFAvH8m8aI

I heard of this guy through something else which I'll post below. Anyway, I could not stop watching this once I hit play. This dude is the man.

He exposed hundreds of magicians who claimed to have super natural or psychic powers.. He uses logic, science and fact to replicate and explain anything these goofs do.

Also featured are those type of "psychic" holy super Christian healers, who claim they can use the power of god to heal people of their ails. You've probably seen some shit like that on at 6 am on a random TV channel.

For example - this Evangelist TV preacher goofball claims he can cure cancer. A direct quote:

"And God told me... SMITE that cancer with your fists!!!"

(and you must hear him actually say it in such a serious manner to get how silly it is)

Check it out if you're looking for something interesting to watch. It's great. Hard not to feel bad for people dumb enough to be fooled by these kind of things. Even some pretty smart people I've known over the years have talked to me about things they've seen on TV that were "magic" and might be evidence of super natural whatever the fuck

I just shake my head

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I first heard about the guy through here (this is really fascinating too, a good watch if you can) where he exposes this "psychic gung fu master" who later went to jail for molesting kids. Complete weirdo.. but people like him literally developed cult followings of believers, who all bought into these tricks and the idea that he and people like him held these powers and the secrets to them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfMsZwr8rc

Basically, the pedo (who looks the part 100%) claimed to be able to move pencils, flip phone book pages, and more, by using his psychic powers. His secret was that he would quietly blow on them and manipulate the air with his hands. That's a really short version of the explanation, but it's the gist of it.

He went on a popular 70s TV show and fooled everyone. So, the debunking dude above (James Randi) later got invited as a surprise guest to a show hosted by Bob Barker that was set to feature the pedo gung fu master (James Hydrick). Randi explained how he was using his breath to turn the pages and placed a bunch of styrofoam around the phone book.

Apparently, despite this being edited, Hydrick spent over 47 minutes trying to move the page with his powers, before claiming he was unable to perform the trick. He never admitted to being a phoney, and claimed that the foam was forming static electricity along with the lighting in the room which resulted in his powers being blocked.

This is a quick 3 minute thing on the guy and why what he did was bullshit, with him confessing at the end. He's also revealed to be a violent criminal, and this was before he got busted for being a pedo.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJVTHIyyM2E

Anyway, found this all pretty cool and figured someone else may be interested. The look on these people's faces when they are busted is priceless. They are like the Dave Lang of magicians.

Hope some of this made sense. Just watch the videos, they explain better than I do

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
In the first documentary, about 5 minuts in, is a really cool retro throwback of a typical fraud being exposed live on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.

He claimed he wasn't feeling "strong enough" that day when they forced him to use props that they'd supplied and not pre manipulated ones he brought in himself.

If you want a quick idea of what this is all about before watching, check out the last video posted. It's only about 3 minutes and explains this type of thing in a nutshell. Even though that paritcular video doesn't feature James Randi, it does feature gung fu pedo master and his tricks being exposed by another dubunker d00d

Hope you all dig

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Subbed for later when I have some time. Sounds great thanks

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
James Randi is awesome. Love that he has the Randi $1 000 000 challenge and no "psychic" has ever won it and all the famous one always avoid him because they know they are liars and what they are doing is false.

John Edward uses that cold questioning method where he wants you to fill in the blanks for him. Sylvia Browne is garbage and lying to the public with her bs. Theresa Caputa is a super fake. They keep trying to deceive the public and great to have someone like James Randi step in and let the people know to stop believing in their crap.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
The dude is a hero, legit. He is probably saving the lives of many of these idiots' followers by exposing the truth. Who knows how many more cult following goofs would be out there if this guy didn't expose these people for who they are

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Saw a James Randi vid years ago, including his exposing of the pedo. Another one has him exposing a medium and another has him embarrassing Uri Geller.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
im glad this got bumped. i didnt get a chance to watch it the first time and i forgot sall about it

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Jurassic Park 18666445675.4 is boring me to death. About to click on this & watch til I fall asleep.