General AWS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Treadstone06

I got 2 words for ya...
Apr 20, 2015
Yeah. Which one?
We're looking into EFS. I'm checking it out as a web server in our dev env. So far, it is horribly slow. The site load times are nearly double across the board.

How you had any similar experiences? Assuming of course that you've looked into EBS...

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
We're looking into EFS. I'm checking it out as a web server in our dev env. So far, it is horribly slow. The site load times are nearly double across the board.

How you had any similar experiences? Assuming of course that you've looked into EBS...
Why use EFS to host a website? Why not create a container or VM image and run that? What about the website requires persistent storage?

I don't have enough experience with EFS to comment on performance metrics.

Treadstone06

I got 2 words for ya...
Apr 20, 2015
Why use EFS to host a website? Why not create a container or VM image and run that? What about the website requires persistent storage?

I don't have enough experience with EFS to comment on performance metrics.
We were looking into moving all of our sites to EFS since it would be less expensive as well as the knowledge of not having to worry about the size. Right now were're just running and instance configured as an NFS w/volumes attached but wanted to see if this would work. So far, that's a big fat negative since the speedsa are just sooo slow.