VID B.J. Penn's message to Jose Aldo: 'The lion doesn't care that the sheep laugh at him'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

View: https://youtu.be/3q8oNzywbIs?t=5m20s

B.J. Penn is glad Jose Aldo did not compete at UFC 189. And he had a message for the UFC featherweight champion over the weekend.

"Aldo, you're the old lion," Penn said Sunday after being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame at the UFC Fan Expo. "You're the champion. You're the one with the record, you're the one with the gold, you're the one with all the records. The lion doesn't care that the sheep laugh at him. Remember that. The lion just stays there. The animals make noise and tease. The guy with the belt is the lion."

Penn and Aldo have trained together on occasion. Both men are Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belts under Andre Pederneiras, the patriarch of legendary Rio de Janeiro fight team Nova Uniao.

Penn was in Vegas to receive his induction and Aldo was not. The champion was supposed to fight Conor McGregor in the main event of UFC 189 on Saturday, but pulled out two weeks before due to a rib injury. Aldo's doctors say it was a broken rib, while the UFC and its doctors say it was a bruise and cartilage damage.

The details don't matter necessarily matter to Penn.

"If Aldo is not 100 percent, I do not want to see him inside that ring," Penn said. "I do not want to see him in that ring if he's not 100 percent."

LINK to full story: B.J. Penn's message to Jose Aldo: 'The lion doesn't care that the sheep laugh at him' - MMA Fighting

Last edited:

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
EDIT: We don't have many rules here, but one we do, is no fighter bashing. Opinions & debate are encouraged, and more than welcome. We just ask members to refrain from name calling (one another and/or fighters). Thanks.

- Wild

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Sorry... I thought that was a bit close to the wind. I was fucking around, won't happen again.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep, those who talk the most usually have the least"-FBZ

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Old Lions also don't pay attention to wolves in Sherpa clothing (Dana and Lorenzo). Aldo dictated this fight, they cannot stand he didn't fight even after they whined cried and tried to smear his name. Now I hope he goes out and really toys with Conor in front of Dana then finishes it

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep, those who talk the most usually have the least"-FBZ
LOL, you can tell I've been mixed up in MMA too long when the first thing I think when seeing FBZ is "Front Bro Zion?"

Topsy

Jun 9, 2015
I love this. Cant say how much this makes me happy.
Aldo is a fkn LION, so glad someone like BJ said it. Everybody initially throw him under the bus, UFC brass, fans, Forums. It takes BJ for people to listen up and for him to make those who are the sheep to see clearly.
Many of us have fought injured after a camp, usually always carrying some degree of ailment etc. However, if you compete seriously injured and lose, nobody cares. Not the Fans, the organisation nor the record books, you lost, period. Nothing ever changes it.

Aldo's legacy and honour are at stake here, more than just the gold around his waist. I want a fully fit, fully charged up, Aldo steaming into Connor. I want to see the Old Lion baring his teeth at the jackal, or hyenas. He can step down once he's happy his rein is over, not when DFW says its over.

Apologies for my controlled rant.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I love this. Cant say how much this makes me happy.
Aldo is a fkn LION, so glad someone like BJ said it. Everybody initially throw him under the bus, UFC brass, fans, Forums. It takes BJ for people to listen up and for him to make those who are the sheep to see clearly.
Many of us have fought injured after a camp, usually always carrying some degree of ailment etc. However, if you compete seriously injured and lose, nobody cares. Not the Fans, the organisation nor the record books, you lost, period. Nothing ever changes it.

Aldo's legacy and honour are at stake here, more than just the gold around his waist. I want a fully fit, fully charged up, Aldo steaming into Connor. I want to see the Old Lion baring his teeth at the jackal, or hyenas. He can step down once he's happy his rein is over, not when DFW says its over.

Apologies for my controlled rant.
Don't apologize. PREACH!

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
it seems that the only ones who wanted to watch aldo fight injured were the McGregor fans. if your the champ, why fight and risk everything if you aren't 100%? im glad aldo didn't take the fight.

im confident that aldo will win in December, too well rounded imho. I wouldn't be surprised if aldo took McGregor down and worked him on the ground. McGregor looked like an absolute turtle against mendes. im sure aldo will finish what Mendes started and take conor down.. this might be the first sub victory for aldo in a good while.. cant wait for this fight.

Topsy

Jun 9, 2015
it seems that the only ones who wanted to watch aldo fight injured were the McGregor fans. if your the champ, why fight and risk everything if you aren't 100%? im glad aldo didn't take the fight.

im confident that aldo will win in December, too well rounded imho. I wouldn't be surprised if aldo took McGregor down and worked him on the ground. McGregor looked like an absolute turtle against mendes. im sure aldo will finish what Mendes started and take conor down.. this might be the first sub victory for aldo in a good while.. cant wait for this fight.
As much as I agree sir, I'd prefer a Fkying knee or kick to the head win. Take his head off for all the talking he's done. Beat him at his own game. :)