Lifestyle b00ts’ Cajun / Creole food thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I meant to make one of these last year (or I may have and forgot about it). Seems a lot of people here like Cajun food and don’t realize that most chain grocers will carry the ingredients we use. A lot of the food we eat are traditional plates you can find all over, but with some added Cajun flare.

I’m currently making a 4 cheese lasagna with a béchamel sauce. Once I’m done, I’ll make a write-up with pictures.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I ate a Boudin eggroll yesterday for the first time.
Spicy Boudin in a fried eggroll style wrapper.

Looked a lot like this

The fried crisp around the Boudin was an awesome combination.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015

Looked a lot like this

The rolls are my new favorite. The pepper jack ones are the shit. I actually held off on trying them for a while. The boudin burger is now starting to emerge in local restaurants

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
great thread idea
maybe you can give your gumbo recipe in here again(I think I read it in another thread once)

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Looked a lot like this

Looks like someone had diarrhea inside a churro. I'll pass.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I'm the worse contributor ever... sorry.

This evening I'll be making a sticky chicken dish. I'll be lazy and just copy/paste the written recipe my cousin posted online on a local forum and post pics of some of the steps along the way as I make it. It's an old family recipe that we changed up a tad and I like cooking this in my 5-gallon cast iron outside.

So stay tuned...

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
T’as faim?

Ok, so here’s the sticky chicken. You can add chicken stock if too thick or corn starch if too thin....

4 Yellow Onions
4-5 lbs of Chicken on the Bone
Cajun Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Flour
1 Stick of Butter
2 Cups of Chicken Stock

*optional*
2 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
1/4 Cup Cold Water

Start out by heating a large pot over a Medium/High Heat.

Chop the onions and set aside.

Coat each side of the chicken with generous amounts of cajun seasoning and garlic powder.
Dust each side of the chicken with flour.

In the large pot, add the stick of butter.
Once the butter as melted, add the chicken to the pot. The chicken should layer tightly next to one another along the bottom.
Brown the chick for 6-8 minuets on each side.
Could possibly be less depending on how high our heat is.

Once you you’ve browned the chicken on all sides, you’re going to want to remove the chicken into a bowl off on the side.

Next add the chopped onions to the pot.
Begin stirring the onions so that you can get up any remaining drippings on the bottom of the pot.
Continue to sauté the onions for 25-30 minuets.

After about 25-30 minuets, add small amount of chicken stock to the pot. Blend any browning that may be stuck to the pot.

Next add the chicken back to the pot. Pour in any liquid that may be left in the bowl.
Add the remaining chicken stock.
Bring to a boil, cover, lower to a simmering heat, and let simmer for 1:30-2 hours.

It’s ok to stir every 20 minuets or so.

Fini. Cuire du riz (Cook some rice) and enjoy.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
great thread idea
maybe you can give your gumbo recipe in here again(I think I read it in another thread once)
Yea no doubt. I’m probably gonna be making another one soon to snag some pictures to go along with it.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Ok... so I’m fucking drunk, but I just made this and I’m gonna try to explain it.

Smothered Pork Chops

Get like 6-8 bone-in chops
2 onions
32oz Chicken stock (actually buy two of those because if the gravy is too thick, you can add some.. or if it’s too thin, you can mix with corn starch to thicken)
1/4 all purpose flour
Some type of oil
1/2 stick butter

So look.... put a little oil in a skillet and sear up them chops. About 5 minutes each side and then put in a pan to catch them juices

Next, take them two chopped onions and soak up them drippings from the chops. Sauté that shit for about 10 or so minutes. Do this in some ancient Nike’s

After they good and sautéed, add the butter. Cook that up for about 5 or so minutes. Move to the side and add the flour... we making a roux bitch.

Now make that into a nice dark roux. If it gets too dry, add a bit of butter.

After that... begin adding the chicken stock a little at a time. Then, cook it down on med heat for about 20

Add a couple skeet skeets of Cajun seasoning and the put the chops and their juices back into the pot or pan or whatever the fuck you’re cooking in at this point.... let that shit simmer on low heat for 2 hours.... I forgot to take a picture of this part because I was vibing to Fleetwood Mac, but simmer that shit...

Cook your rice and serve this fantastic goodness... you fucking pricks

Last edited:

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Does this count as Cajun? The GOAT hot sauces...

So hot sauce is a touchy subject here, being that Tabasco is like 15 miles down the road. I’ve always been in the “hot with flavor” hot sauce boat. So just enough to flavor a dish, but not overwhelming. A lot of people think “Cajun” and think hot food... not true. I’ll dab a little hot sauce in things I make, but not to the point where it takes over the natural flavor of the dish.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Amazing looking food as always but I have one question.

Do I have to do the ballerina foot in the grandad Nikes or will a simple lift of the heel suffice?
Do this in some ancient Nike’s

Again I hate you for how good that food looks.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Amazing looking food as always but I have one question.

Do I have to do the ballerina foot in the grandad Nikes or will a simple lift of the heel suffice?

Again I hate you for how good that food looks.
So I legit got these Nikes when they first came out and found them recently in a bin of old Army stuff. They actually fell apart minutes after this picture...

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
T’as faim?

Ok, so here’s the sticky chicken. You can add chicken stock if too thick or corn starch if too thin....

4 Yellow Onions
4-5 lbs of Chicken on the Bone
Cajun Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Flour
1 Stick of Butter
2 Cups of Chicken Stock

*optional*
2 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
1/4 Cup Cold Water

Start out by heating a large pot over a Medium/High Heat.

Chop the onions and set aside.

Coat each side of the chicken with generous amounts of cajun seasoning and garlic powder.
Dust each side of the chicken with flour.

In the large pot, add the stick of butter.
Once the butter as melted, add the chicken to the pot. The chicken should layer tightly next to one another along the bottom.
Brown the chick for 6-8 minuets on each side.
Could possibly be less depending on how high our heat is.

Once you you’ve browned the chicken on all sides, you’re going to want to remove the chicken into a bowl off on the side.

Next add the chopped onions to the pot.
Begin stirring the onions so that you can get up any remaining drippings on the bottom of the pot.
Continue to sauté the onions for 25-30 minuets.

After about 25-30 minuets, add small amount of chicken stock to the pot. Blend any browning that may be stuck to the pot.

Next add the chicken back to the pot. Pour in any liquid that may be left in the bowl.
Add the remaining chicken stock.
Bring to a boil, cover, lower to a simmering heat, and let simmer for 1:30-2 hours.

It’s ok to stir every 20 minuets or so.

Fini. Cuire du riz (Cook some rice) and enjoy.

Je sais ce que je vais cuisiner cette semaine.