Back to work.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
So, after not working since September 7th because of shitty recovery from surgery, I'm going back today.
The worst part is I can't do a damn thing since in the system I'm still on leave (apparently, I won't be able to do anything for a week) so I have to use another manager's password and number.
I'm excited to have money again since disability only pays 50% but I know I'm going back to doing everyone's job, once again, without the title. I'm basically going to do my assistant manager's job, without the pay or title. I am applying for a great position that would put me with the title and pay but am nervous as fuck. If I don't get it, I might be able to get assistant manager when mine gets promoted after the holiday season (he looks good on paper but not in reality) but if I don't, I'm going to leave. I've worked my ass off in my position for the past year so I expect some recognition and credit. I'm even more stressed about going back because my store manager is on vacation and I'll be ensuring the store remains afloat, as always. Supposedly having a visit tomorrow, on my second day back.
I like the company, I want to stay with them but I'm already tired and I don't go in for two hours! :disappointed:

FRAT: I'm going back to work after being gone for a month and a half but I'm stressed already.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I do the same. Do my upper manager's job and he makes 30k more a year than I do and it makes him look good when everything is done on time and I get zero recognition for it. It would be different if I actually liked the job. For stress relief, I go in the shop and troubleshoot trucks with my techs.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I have no opportunity for stress relief. I'm usually too busy in copy center and running shit to take lunch or anything.
Being friends with my store manager sucks. I do a shit ton and she's always criticizing me because she "wants to push me to be her."
I'm even more tired now, lol.

RATFINK13

Whatever you are, be a good one.
Oct 24, 2015
I've been their done that, it gets old fast picking up slack and never getting credit for it. Best of luck, I hope it goes better then expected.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
I know the feeling. A lot of times my job involves saying no to a member so that they can ask to speak to a manager who will tell them yes. Its no surprise at the end of the year the managers get fat envelopes of cash from the members and I dont get shit.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
That's how it is and its fkn garbage...the more you do the less you make...I get tired of ppl who were turds growing up,getting jobs and thinking they are better then others...

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I know the feeling. A lot of times my job involves saying no to a member so that they can ask to speak to a manager who will tell them yes. Its no surprise at the end of the year the managers get fat envelopes of cash from the members and I dont get shit.
That must be every where. My FM tells me to make decisions based on the circumstances, so I do. Instead of having my back, he folds to the customer. Now they know this and tell their friends. Next thing you know, everyone coming in for work wants some kind of discount or something for free and can get it most of the time because they make a scene.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Breathe and relax. I always tell you to stop stressing but you never can. I think you need to do something like skydiving or something that scares the ever loving shit out of you. Then, when a stressful situation like today comes you can look back at how you approached and conquered a big fear and today is nothing in comparison. That's what I try to do when I look back at my drinking problem. I have a shitty day but it's instantly a good day when I compare it to any point between 2-7 years ago.

I'm happy you are feeling better, focus on that.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I'm here and I just have to lol at some stuff not being done or kept up with almost the entire time I was gone.
I'm good. I smiled while I drove here.

And I have coffee. So, that's another plus. :grin:

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
good luck. im sure you'll do fine Kathryn. Being nervous is normal for anyone getting back into the groove after some time off so nothing to worry about. do your thug thang!

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Lady wanted me to return a laptop from four months ago. Even as a manager, I can't do anything past 14 days. They're super strict about it because we get no credit from he manufacturer after that period.
I'm used to it.
Here is my lunch:

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Lady wanted me to return a laptop from four months ago. Even as a manager, I can't do anything past 14 days. They're super strict about it because we get no credit from he manufacturer after that period.
I'm used to it.
Here is my lunch:
Looks way too healthy lol

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Yep. I was dropping weight before I had surgery and I'm back to it. I was surprised I didn't gain anything while off the diet.

Just focus on the stuff you have to do...you can't expect to block out all feelings of anxiety so just accept it and try to be positive, it's the only option.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I'm working on it. Glad it was a Sunday and not a weekday.
I blow everything out of proportion because I was miserable when I went on leave.

we tend to do that i.e. blow our fears out of proportion. It's probably some latent survival mechanism but these days it can sure hinder a lot of us if we're not careful. But glad to hear you're readjusting :)