Society Ban Schools

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I don't agree with assessment that we should train kids with a job

School are very biased and have a set agenda of indoctrinating children into certain beliefs

I do feel if the parent is able, that home schooling with a mix of tutoring would be better than the school system

I'm too lazy for that though, my kids getting indoctrinated lol

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I don't agree with assessment that we should train kids with a job

School are very biased and have a set agenda of indoctrinating children into certain beliefs

I do feel if the parent is able, that home schooling with a mix of tutoring would be better than the school system

I'm too lazy for that though, my kids getting indoctrinated lol
No one is saying 'train kids with a job'...it's not a call for vocational schools. The book (haven't read) is about the amount of time and money we waste warehousing kids and inflating credentials. I'm sure someone like Mike Rowe would approve of the message, but I don't think the author is aiming for that outcome. I think it's more about giving kids the freedom to learn their interests, while making sure that they have adequate literacy, mathematical, and social skills to function in society.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
No one is saying 'train kids with a job'...it's not a call for vocational schools. The book (haven't read) is about the amount of time and money we waste warehousing kids and inflating credentials. I'm sure someone like Mike Rowe would approve of the message, but I don't think the author is aiming for that outcome. I think it's more about giving kids the freedom to learn their interests, while making sure that they have adequate literacy, mathematical, and social skills to function in society.
You realize the 1st sentence the dude says is "prepare them with a job" right?

I agree with teaching children/young adults in the manner you are representing but they need to get a better spokesman who knows what not to say

Saying prepare them with a job is not something he should be saying as it can lead to people getting the wrong interpretation, as I did

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You realize the 1st sentence the dude says is "prepare them with a job" right?

I agree with teaching children/young adults in the manner you are representing but they need to get a better spokesman who knows what not to say

Saying prepare them with a job is not something he should be saying as it can lead to people getting the wrong interpretation, as I did
I think the target audience is people who have an attention span longer than the first sentence.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I think the target audience is people who have an attention span longer than the first sentence.
So you admit your first response to me was incorrect?
Maybe they shouldn't make dumb ass statements in the first minute that makes people want to stop watching immediately

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
So you admit your first response to me was incorrect?
Maybe they shouldn't make dumb ass statements in the first minute that makes people want to stop watching immediately
no, I put the comment in quotes and clarified what I took your meaning to be...which was accurate.

maybe withhold commenting until you've watched more than the first 30 seconds. Did you think he was just going to repeat that statement for 20 minutes?

I must be missing something...is there a reward incentive for first comment?

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
no, I put the comment in quotes and clarified what I took your meaning to be...which was accurate.

maybe withhold commenting until you've watched more than the first 30 seconds. Did you think he was just going to repeat that statement for 20 minutes?

I must be missing something...is there a reward incentive for first comment?
Why do you support child labour man?

I think you have a problem

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016

I
He made a stupid statement, I commented that I do not agree with that statement, you respond that he did not say that, I respond that he says it in the first minute, then you go off being an asshole telling me it's not meant for me (hahahaha), I then turn into an asshole too

So was it your feelings that got hurt by me showing you you were wrong?

Were you just looking to be a fucking asshole from the start?

Is there a rule on this site that we must watch all of a 20minute video in order to comment on something said in the first minute?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Is there a rule on this site that we must watch all of a 20minute video in order to comment on something said in the first minute?
it's just intellectually lazy to characterize a 20m discussion by what was said in the first 30 seconds.

what you did was quote out of context and misrepresent the speaker's position. You should change your SN to 'Gay for Cathy Newman'.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
it's just intellectually lazy to characterize a 20m discussion by what was said in the first 30 seconds.

what you did was quote out of context and misrepresent the speaker's position. You should change your SN to 'Gay for Cathy Newman'.
Once again, I commented that I did not agree with a statement which he made... which you said he did not make... which you then got shown he did
I never characterized his entire 20minute video, I commented on what I saw and then stated what my beliefs are towards the school system

If you would like to accuse somebody of quoting the person out of context, talk to the idiot who decided to put that quote at the beginning of the video and cutoff without allowing him to explain himself

Your last comment proves just what I thought, this was just a horrible attempt at trolling

Whatever, another faggit added to the list

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Don't break up you guys. You're perfect together.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
currently watching the video, but I've thought this for a long time & has been one of my interests, since until I went to grad school I couldn't stand school. I'm half way thru the video & not sure if he addresses this, but one of the reason a lot of employers require a college degree is that in 1971 the supreme court ruled that companies are not allowed to discriminate against potential hires on the basis of intelligence, so requiring a college degree is a way around this b/c they figure if you have a college degree you're not a complete idiot. the problems of schooling, from college down to elementary schools, was best summed up with this quote, imo

“The problem isn't that Johnny can't read. The problem isn't even that Johnny can't think. The problem is that Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling.”

Thomas Sowell