General Bannon is OUT

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

drjones

Banned
Apr 25, 2016
you heard it here first, no way he survives this interview (that he didnt know he was giving lol, we're just going to call that "pulling a mooch" from now on)

trump's half-hearted defense of him the other day, now this.

its allllll over.

Steve Bannon thought he wasn't giving an interview

(im probably wrong, who the fuck knows considering the giant clown car this white house is)

drjones

Banned
Apr 25, 2016
the good stuff;

• The liberal journalist Bannon called — Robert Kuttner — is no friend of Trump's. As Kuttner writes, "I'd just published a column on how China was profiting from the U.S.-North Korea nuclear brinkmanship, and it included some choice words about Bannon's boss. 'In Kim, Trump has met his match,' I wrote. 'The risk of two arrogant fools blundering into a nuclear exchange is more serious than at any time since October 1962.'"
  • Bannon undercut the president's stance on North Korea: "Contrary to Trump's threat of fire and fury, Bannon said: 'There's no military solution [to North Korea's nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don't die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don't know what you're talking about, there's no military solution here, they got us."
  • He openly talked about his internal fights with colleagues: "That's a fight I fight every day here," he said. "We're still fighting. There's Treasury and [National Economic Council chair] Gary Cohn and Goldman Sachs lobbying."
  • He talked about changing personnel in a way that made him sound like the president: "I'm changing out people at East Asian Defense; I'm getting hawks in. I'm getting Susan Thornton [acting head of East Asian and Pacific Affairs] out at State."

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What does Bannon think off the record?

White Supremacists Are Bad and Need to Be Crushed

“Ethno-nationalism—it's losers. It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more.” “These guys are a collection of clowns,” he added.

BUT BUT BUT

M

member 3289

Just a matter of time at this point. I expect an announcement before the start of the weekend, at the latest Monday afternoon.

I have never seen so many inept people in a single organization, let alone a presidential administration.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
What does Bannon think off the record?

White Supremacists Are Bad and Need to Be Crushed

“Ethno-nationalism—it's losers. It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more.” “These guys are a collection of clowns,” he added.

BUT BUT BUT
This has always been evident with both Bannon and Trump. The issue with them isn't their personal racism, but their willingness to manipulate people by validating their worst instincts. Everyone has been played for a sucker in an administration that's been short on either policy or ideology since the campaign.

That's actually what makes this administration so dangerous. Not who they are, but what they're willing to do. They're not fascists. They're nihilists.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This has always been evident with both Bannon and Trump. The issue with them isn't their personal racism, but their willingness to manipulate people by validating their worst instincts. Everyone has been played for a sucker in an administration that's been short on either policy or ideology since the campaign.

That's actually what makes this administration so dangerous. Not who they are, but what they're willing to do. They're not fascists. They're nihilists.
Should've been Bernie.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Can anybody look at this administration and think it shows any signs of actual leadership at the top? History will not be kind to this era in American politics, which is sad because it's supposed to be our first anti-establishment era in decades. We needed a revolution, but this was always the wrong guy to do it.

drjones

Banned
Apr 25, 2016
now we wait for the other shoe to drop - what horseshit story will "break" later today to distract from this news?

"omg guys a DC reporter just found the garbageman that collects the trash at the home of the guy that owns the bar that seth rich was at the night he was killed !!"

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
If Bannon is truly out then this might signal Trump cutting ties with the white nationalists he courted on the campaign trail.