Barboza calls out his ‘favorite’ UFC fighter Holloway

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Edson Barboza after defeating Shane Burgos at UFC 262

Edson Barboza is targeting a fight with a top-ranked opponent at 145-pounds following his knockout win against Shane Burgos at UFC 262.

Barboza (22-9) picked up his second win on the bounce last weekend when he stopped Burgos in the third round of their fight. The Brazilian’s only loss in his new weight class was a controversial split decision against Dan Ige last May.

Talking recently to MMA Fighting, Barboza said his history in the promotion and recent form at featherweight has warranted him a fight with a top five opponent.

“I want to fight a top-5, man,” Barboza said. “I think I deserve to fight a top-5 given my history in the UFC. Something that motivates me to call for a top-5 opponent is knowing that it will be a great fight.”

A fight against former champion Max Holloway is one that catches the eye of Barboza. After losing his title and the rematch against Alex Volkanovski, Holloway rebounded with a win against Calvin Kattar in which he set a UFC record for the most significant strikes landed.

“I love to fight the best,” Barboza said. “Can you imagine a fight between Max Holloway and I? I’m a huge fan of Holloway, I love his fights, he’s one of my favorite fighters. It would be awesome, man.”

“I honestly don’t know if he wants to stay active or wait for the belt,” Barboza said of Holloway, “but it would be a pleasure to fight him.”

Edson Barboza calls out his ‘favorite’ UFC fighter Max Holloway

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Barboza is just way too nice. People are to be matched up with him and you sit back and say “oh shit, I’m looking forward to that fight, what date is it?”

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He is a must watch fighter, always a battle
The kicks are heavy

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He is a must watch fighter, always a battle
The kicks are heavy
His kicks are a beast. I think he wilts tho under pressure. Like cowboy did and until recently I had the same opinion of Charles.