Bare Knuckle just signed an Olympic medalist

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Bare Knuckle FC signs 2016 US Olympic bronze medalist Nico Hernandez

For the most part, Bare Knuckle FC’s roster has overwhelmingly consisted of MMA veterans and a smattering of lower-level and/or past their prime boxers. This latest signing is a very notable exception to the rule.

Nico Hernandez, a 2016 Olympic bronze medalist who has a professional record of 7-0 (4 KOs), has signed a deal with BKFC that will see him make his debut in March.

“BKFC is doing some amazing things in combat sports,” said Hernandez in the promotion’s official press release. “This is as real as it gets, and now I get to punch someone in the face without gloves. I can’t wait to fight for the fastest growing combat sports promotion in the world. When I step into the ring on March 14, the gloves come off!”

Hernandez will compete at 112 lbs, which is boxing’s flyweight division (although the press release says 122 lbs). The 24-year-old has never signed a multi-fight deal with a major boxing promoter, although he did have a one-off appearance on a Matchroom Boxing card streamed on DAZN back in 2018. All of his pro fights to date have been in his home state of Kansas.

”We are very pleased to sign Nico Hernandez to a contract to fight March 14,” said BKFC founder and President David Feldman. “Nico is very talented and always brings his aggressive style to the table. This indicates the direction we are going, by signing young stars with great potential. Nico is one of many great boxing signings we will have in 2020 for BKFC. We can’t wait to see what Nico delivers!”

This is a bit surprising. Kansas’ commission that does not publicly report fighter salaries, we don’t know what pay he’s garnered, so perhaps this may be more lucrative for the former amateur standout than just regular ol’ boxing against nondescript opponents. You’d have to consider that many of the top flyweights in boxing don’t make a lot of money, let alone prospects such as himself, but it’s nevertheless something out of the blue.

jason73 @jason73 - did you know this was coming? This will make for some interesting matchups.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Bare Knuckle FC signs 2016 US Olympic bronze medalist Nico Hernandez

For the most part, Bare Knuckle FC’s roster has overwhelmingly consisted of MMA veterans and a smattering of lower-level and/or past their prime boxers. This latest signing is a very notable exception to the rule.

Nico Hernandez, a 2016 Olympic bronze medalist who has a professional record of 7-0 (4 KOs), has signed a deal with BKFC that will see him make his debut in March.

“BKFC is doing some amazing things in combat sports,” said Hernandez in the promotion’s official press release. “This is as real as it gets, and now I get to punch someone in the face without gloves. I can’t wait to fight for the fastest growing combat sports promotion in the world. When I step into the ring on March 14, the gloves come off!”

Hernandez will compete at 112 lbs, which is boxing’s flyweight division (although the press release says 122 lbs). The 24-year-old has never signed a multi-fight deal with a major boxing promoter, although he did have a one-off appearance on a Matchroom Boxing card streamed on DAZN back in 2018. All of his pro fights to date have been in his home state of Kansas.

”We are very pleased to sign Nico Hernandez to a contract to fight March 14,” said BKFC founder and President David Feldman. “Nico is very talented and always brings his aggressive style to the table. This indicates the direction we are going, by signing young stars with great potential. Nico is one of many great boxing signings we will have in 2020 for BKFC. We can’t wait to see what Nico delivers!”

This is a bit surprising. Kansas’ commission that does not publicly report fighter salaries, we don’t know what pay he’s garnered, so perhaps this may be more lucrative for the former amateur standout than just regular ol’ boxing against nondescript opponents. You’d have to consider that many of the top flyweights in boxing don’t make a lot of money, let alone prospects such as himself, but it’s nevertheless something out of the blue.

jason73 @jason73 - did you know this was coming? This will make for some interesting matchups.
i am hearing about it right now for the first time. this is exactly what bkfc needs to be doing . they need a few more legit boxers and i would like to see them bring in some legit bareknuckle boxers from the UK

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
tiny
could be interesting though

Last edited: