Batman and Harley Quinn

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
The latest DC animated movie is available digitally and I watched it last night.
Here's the trailer for those unaware.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Short review:

Skip this one.

Edit: Instead find the episode from Batman: The Animated Series "Harlequinade" and watch that. It's better and shorter.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I used to love every DC movie that was released. I would buy them on release day without hesitation because we were getting good movies made for fanboys.

Unfortunately that's changed drastically and the ones I enjoy for the past few years are few and far between.

Aside from bringing back Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester to voice Batman and Nightwing for a story by Bruce Timm, I was skeptical.

Being skeptical still didn't save me from how disappointed I was with this movie. I love Batman, Nightwing and Harley and I didn't feel like any of them were represented well with this. I won't give any specifics to save spoilers for any gluttons for punishment but basically the story wasn't that strong and they made some very odd choices character wise.

Overall I feel like recently they've been trying too hard to make these features adult oriented. I imagine I'll still keeping checking them out as they release but I wish they would go back to their old ways of making the animated movies. They were a refreshing treat from the trash live action we've gotten.