General BBC NEW DIRECTIVES

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Diversify yo.

Men and women and gays all holding hands and dancing around a bonfire with flames the colors of the rainbow. Then everyone can pay themselves on the back for being so woke.

I tricked the hr lady and the secretary on my first day at a new job. We all got it off straight away and then they were making brit jokes and asking if I listen to the clash and rolling stones. I told them that I liked justin bieber and the jonas brothers and the vibe in the room suddenly got a bit more professional.

Until I laughed.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
They are very inclusive now, that's why they changed their URL to dicksucking.org

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
The BBC says it wants a 50-50 split of male and female staff and is in the process of launching a 'staff census... that will for the first time capture non-binary or non-conforming identities'.
So what? They're going to bring a bunch of dudes into an office and say "You're not women so you're fired."?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So what? They're going to bring a bunch of dudes into an office and say "You're not women so you're fired."?
They will just convince them they are men living in women's bodies and have them switch. It's a really easy process.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
So self defeating.

its a real shame.They won’t learn though. The BBC is as you would expect, already incredibly diverse.

The real enemy isn’t themselves. For the equivalent of 40 pence a day. About 29 cents the uk gets world class independent media. Radio, TV and internet. It’s literally pennies.

Its not been great on Covid. It’s very much towed the government line. I work with the main guys and voice my disapproval over some stats that are used. Sometimes I get to change it. Mostly not though.

They are not false stats but often, imo they are given without context. And it’s scaremongering.

They Have been working on 50/50 gender for about 2 years now. That’s not new. It’s still the best broadcaster in the world. And the most trusted. But it constantly shoots itself in the foot with these weird doctrines. No one is asking for them. About 4 years ago the bbc news management was taken over by ITN execs. It’s been a spiral ever since. Ironically since those fucktards left ITN they have improved tenfold as we have gone backwards.

the next charter renewal is up in 2027. By then Facebook and google may make the bbc obsolete. You guys might think that’s funny and a good thing but an independent voice is even more important when you consider that Facebook and google get 60 to 70% of all global media revenue Now. They basically control what you see.

who holds them to account?

its about 20 pounds a year more to get the entire BBC compared to a years subscription of Netflix.

people are so dumb it’s hard to fight for them anymore.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So self defeating.

its a real shame.They won’t learn though. The BBC is as you would expect, already incredibly diverse.

The real enemy isn’t themselves. For the equivalent of 40 pence a day. About 29 cents the uk gets world class independent media. Radio, TV and internet. It’s literally pennies.

Its not been great on Covid. It’s very much towed the government line. I work with the main guys and voice my disapproval over some stats that are used. Sometimes I get to change it. Mostly not though.

They are not false stats but often, imo they are given without context. And it’s scaremongering.

They Have been working on 50/50 gender for about 2 years now. That’s not new. It’s still the best broadcaster in the world. And the most trusted. But it constantly shoots itself in the foot with these weird doctrines. No one is asking for them. About 4 years ago the bbc news management was taken over by ITN execs. It’s been a spiral ever since. Ironically since those fucktards left ITN they have improved tenfold as we have gone backwards.

the next charter renewal is up in 2027. By then Facebook and google may make the bbc obsolete. You guys might think that’s funny and a good thing but an independent voice is even more important when you consider that Facebook and google get 60 to 70% of all global media revenue Now. They basically control what you see.

its about 20 pounds a year more to get the entire BBC compared to a years subscription of Netflix.

Well I for one think the move is stunning and brave.

I bet the biggest numbers are in the world service? Everywhere has that. Although when I was in the states I did you to scam the iPlayer, but that was just for geographic reasons. Same with 4 on demand.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Also iirc some country has filed a bill to make all news articles that link through Facebook and Google subject to royalties from whichever new site they poached them. Australia iirc. Could be wrong.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Q @Qat will tell you.

Its more expensive in Germany to have their version of the bbc and that's only 2 TV channels and one radio station

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Also iirc some country has filed a bill to make all news articles that link through Facebook and Google subject to royalties from whichever new site they poached them. Australia iirc. Could be wrong.

Yes. It's the murdoch tax. They are right though. Facebook and Google don't do content. They use everyone else's for free.

Although Google is about to set up its own news service.

Member when Google was a good thing?

It ain't anymore. It's sole object is to buy or kill any rival. Sane as face twat

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yes. It's the murdoch tax. They are right though. Facebook and Google don't do content. They use everyone else's for free.

Although Google is about to set up its own news service.

Member when Google was a good thing?

It ain't anymore. It's sole object is to buy or kill any rival. Sane as face twat
I remember when I did IT at school. Our teacher used to tell us to use altavista. Or ask Jeeves. I remember when Google appeared and we let him know about it. I can remember the exact lesson, he asked how it's spelled and then we used that after.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Q @Qat will tell you.

Its more expensive in Germany to have their version of the bbc and that's only 2 TV channels and one radio station
Plus it's all in black and white with people marching funny and waving at that fella with one ball.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i cant think of anything more faggy and diverse than the BBC already yet they still find a way to get even gayer

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
i cant think of anything more faggy and diverse than the BBC already yet they still find a way to get even gayer
By what measure? I don't have any bbc programming, but I will also say I'm not surprised by this latest news as it's what the world is turning into. In fact I think over the past couple years a few other news sources were crying that the highest paid woman there was earning far less than the males in the top ten. Or something

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
By what measure? I don't have any bbc programming, but I will also say I'm not surprised by this latest news as it's what the world is turning into. In fact I think over the past couple years a few other news sources were crying that the highest paid woman there was earning far less than the males in the top ten. Or something
1614209845689.png
1614209911157.png
1614210072480.png

everything english seem gay af

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Meh I couldn't give a fuck about that. It's the mission directive that the openly want to employ women and gays to make the numbers appear stunning and brave that's off. Just hire the best fucken candidates. If they turn out to be gay, so what, the fact they want them to be openly gay is because they want to score points in some weird reason I've not yet figured out.

It's not like they are in an election or anything, stop pandering to the woke masses, and produce the best content possible within your budget should be the mission statement. I don't think the word equality applies when you HAVE to hire a certain amount from specific demographics.

Wait. Can't hire no more men. Gotta all be women now to meet quota. Or vice versa.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
So self defeating.

Who's the "independent voice" you're referring to?

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Q @Qat will tell you.

This is BBC-controlled fake news man.

Its 21 TV channels, 74 radio stations plus a lot of online content (basically everything + specials, podcasts etc) we got.

You seriously are saying 2 and 1? That's a diffence of as much as 7400% to reality. Outrageously bad journalistic work dude.

I dunno how your fees compare but we are at 0,58€ a day. But if you say it's more expensive here it might just be false, heh.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This is BBC-controlled fake news man.

Its 21 TV channels, 74 radio stations plus a lot of online content (basically everything + specials, podcasts etc) we got.

You seriously are saying 2 and 1? That's a diffence of as much as 7400% to reality. Outrageously bad journalistic work dude.

I dunno how your fees compare but we are at 0,58€ a day. But if you say it's more expensive here it might just be false, heh.
Is it mandatory for TV owners?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't either, my gf does. It's per household, not per person.
Well I've never paid it. I don't live tv or anything nowadays anyway. I just use streaming apps like netflix and prime video. And all dana's favorite ones for ufc. But tbh I bet I ain't switched the tv on in a month now. I like to watch on my Kindle or fire or whatever the fuck it's called.