General BBC NEW DIRECTIVES

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Well I've never paid it. I don't live tv or anything nowadays anyway. I just use streaming apps like netflix and prime video. And all dana's favorite ones for ufc. But tbh I bet I ain't switched the tv on in a month now. I like to watch on my Kindle or fire or whatever the fuck it's called.
I often use my tv for streaming as well. But our public-sector broadcasters are part of that since they have their streaming apps available for every system pretty much.
Traditional TV I only watch occasionally.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I often use my tv for streaming as well. But our public-sector broadcasters are part of that since they have their streaming apps available for every system pretty much.
Traditional TV I only watch occasionally.

I don't think I've watched a live tv show on a tv in 3+ years. (Not counting champions League on pub tvs)

Apart from ufc, but that's on a phone or kindle

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
This is BBC-controlled fake news man.

Its 21 TV channels, 74 radio stations plus a lot of online content (basically everything + specials, podcasts etc) we got.

You seriously are saying 2 and 1? That's a diffence of as much as 7400% to reality. Outrageously bad journalistic work dude.

I dunno how your fees compare but we are at 0,58€ a day. But if you say it's more expensive here it might just be false, heh.

Cool your jets Her man. I was going off info from a German broadcast friend of mine. Looking into it he may have been saying it with a broad brush in as much that there are only 2 channels and 1 radio station WORTH watching and listening to. I quote.

By international standards, German public service TV is poor quality
Judging a product to be good or bad is always something of a subjective argument. Nonetheless, I have tried to objectively argue that compared to the BBC, German public service broadcasting costs the taxpayer more and is inferior in quality (see next section). I do not expect too many people who have experienced both of them to put forward a solid counterargument.

Can you? Plus you still have adverts on the stations. Again. My friend may have been referring to the 2 stations that don't run adverts. It's not fake news. You can't compare the German Media tax to the BBC licence fee.

I was right. But it's the fashion these days to attack facts when they don't suit your narrative and scream fake news like a baby thanks to Trump.

View: https://medium.com/@liveworkgermany/what-is-the-rundfunkbeitrag-and-why-do-i-have-to-pay-it-e96cb1935c43

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I was right. But it's the fashion these days to attack facts
In what world do you live in? You were not right. Ffs.

If you believed your source and went on that that is on you. You could have said "okay, I was misinformed", but instead you double down with some sort of mental gymnastics and now you are saying you were right?? That can only be trolling.

I told you before to stop spouting nonsense about us when you have no clue, but you keep doing it. Look man, if you want to, go on, but don't expect anyone to believe anything you say.
It really is a bad look for the bbc itself.

Frankly, I don't care about this and have no desire to further feed the troll.

But you can put your exceptionalism up your ass and puke it out to where it belongs.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

If you believed your source and went on that that is on you. You could have said "okay, I was misinformed", but instead you double down with some sort of mental gymnastics and now you are saying you were right?? That can only be trolling.

I told you before to stop spouting nonsense about us when you have no clue, but you keep doing it. Look man, if you want to, go on, but don't expect anyone to believe anything you say.

But you can put your exceptionalism up your ass and puke it out to where it belongs.

So touchy. I @ you because I wasn't sure. I was actively trying to get the right answer by including you. It's hardly a hit when I am looking for your input is it?

But you're right. I will not start discussing semantics with a German.

I'm hoping to go on holiday some time this year.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

That's a good point. Now, sit back relax and let ME tell you all about how Germany really works.