Lifestyle BBQs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You and your fucken BBQs man.

I just buy them foil ones you use once. What's wrong with them?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
They're great if your on a boating holiday or camping or on a meth weekend but I want something new.
I used to work on harriers. A guy I worked with took a cracked nozzle and made it into a BBQ. It was cool as fuck.

That's a yank plane so it was different, but you get the idea

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I am guessing you are from the UK, here in America BBQ and grilling are two different things. Those are for grilling

I have no experience with either one but if you like the charcoal but ease of gas they have grills that use charcoal with an electric start.

Weber 22” Performer Deluxe | Charcoal Grill | Weber Grills

like that one

I'm strictly after a griller.

I just want a gas one at this stage.

You reckon the weber is the way forward? Is Napoleon any good?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I am guessing you are from the UK, here in America BBQ and grilling are two different things. Those are for grilling

I have no experience with either one but if you like the charcoal but ease of gas they have grills that use charcoal with an electric start.

Weber 22” Performer Deluxe | Charcoal Grill | Weber Grills

like that one
I've heard about these Weber things. A few years back the pescadero chap was telling me to get one. Spoke very highly of them

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I used to work on harriers. A guy I worked with took a cracked nozzle and made it into a BBQ. It was cool as fuck.

That's a yank plane so it was different, but you get the idea

Nice!

Harriers were one the coolest planes ever made.

Nice work

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
You'll be fine with either, the difference is minimal.

My question is why do so many people confuse grilling and bbq?

BBQ is low and slow, and very few people actually do it.

Le Chat Noir
©

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I've heard about these Weber things. A few years back the pescadero chap was telling me to get one. Spoke very highly of them
they are solid, I had one until a few weeks ago

what I like about the one listed is you press a button and it will light, just like gas, but you cook with charcoal. good balance. it also has a work station, dome thermo, easy clean up for ash, etc

I use a kamado but that is more $ and more work

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015

Le Chat Noir
©
I already addressed this! But I am glad we are on the same page

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

Le Chat Noir
©

Well I'm going to get into the low and slow with one of these. It does say it's possible. With the Napoleon in particular it comes with a smoking tube.

Just a bit of summer fun

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I'm strictly after a griller.

I just want a gas one at this stage.

You reckon the weber is the way forward? Is Napoleon any good?
not familiar enough with napolean to give you an answer that is not bullshit lol

but the one I posted uses gas to light. obviously do what is best for you, just providing another option you might not have been aware of. you press a button, gas lights the charcoal, then you cook on the charcoal. about as simple as gas but with the taste and flexibility of charcoal.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
the only gasser I ever owned was a tec infra-red one. I have owned a weber kettle, 3 BGE, and currently have a KJ. I just love the kamado and no plans to leave that style

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
He's a right fucken french cunt. Think Le Chat Noir @Le Chat Noir but smaller
I'm nothing like Napoleon, except we both love champagne.
Napoleon once said "“In victory you deserve Champagne; in defeat you need it.”

Also I am a stately 6'3" without shoes, although some friends insist I'm 6'4" because they lie to themselves about their own height.

Le Chat Noir
©

#VeryTall
#VeryStrong

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
they are solid, I had one until a few weeks ago

what I like about the one listed is you press a button and it will light, just like gas, but you cook with charcoal. good balance. it also has a work station, dome thermo, easy clean up for ash, etc

I use a kamado but that is more $ and more work

Serious bit of kit.

We have the green egg ones over here.

I was tempted then realised the one I was looking at for £600 was about the size of a large coffee up.

The reason I'm going gas is for safety and ease. I do love a charcoal q and have a decent weber one already but the idea of hot coals and a 2 year old nipper whizzing about fills me concern

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I'm nothing like Napoleon, except we both love champagne.
Napoleon once said "“In victory you deserve Champagne; in defeat you need it.”

Also I am a stately 6'3" without shoes, although some friends insist I'm 6'4" because they lie to themselves about their own height.

Le Chat Noir
©

#VeryTall
#VeryStrong

What brand q do you have or did you build one out of the bones of the last mammoth alive?

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Serious bit of kit.

We have the green egg ones over here.

I was tempted then realised the one I was looking at for £600 was about the size of a large coffee up.

The reason I'm going gas is for safety and ease. I do love a charcoal q and have a decent weber one already but the idea of hot coals and a 2 year old nipper whizzing about fills me concern
yeah one of the BGE I had was the mini. bought for camping. too small and heavy to be useful, imo. especially with how fragile they are when constantly transporting.

I understand, though a gas grill made of metal will also get hot. sorry, I can't help on those models but there are some forums that should be able to assist.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
yeah one of the BGE I had was the mini. bought for camping. too small and heavy to be useful, imo. especially with how fragile they are when constantly transporting.

I understand, though a gas grill made of metal will also get hot. sorry, I can't help on those models but there are some forums that should be able to assist.

I've been on tisis for days now.

It's not the cost I just don't want to get a shit one or one that is too big.

But it has to cook evenly as well.

I think I will go for the Napoleon......
I will decide later tonight.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
What brand q do you have or did you build one out of the bones of the last mammoth alive?
We have the Weber gas similar to yours, but I think a bit larger.
It's been fine, until it was blown over in a wind storm.
I contacted Weber about buying replacement parts for the front knobs telling them what happened was not an equipment failure.
They sent through an entirely new kit with knobs, tube kit, and igniter, at no charge.

Also you can buy a smoke box and change up your flavors.

Le Chat Noir
©

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
We have the Weber gas similar to yours, but I think a bit larger.
It's been fine, until it was blown over in a wind storm.
I contacted Weber about buying replacement parts for the front knobs telling them what happened was not an equipment failure.
They sent through an entirely new kit with knobs, tube kit, and igniter, at no charge.

Also you can buy a smoke box and change up your flavors.

Le Chat Noir
©

I would go for the weber in a shot. The problem with the new ones is the gas bottle is outside and you can only fold one of the shelves down.

I just don't know what to do.