Before they were stars: Undertaker vs SCSA (1989)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
When I was a kid it was SOOOOO hard to see the different wrestling territories shows (NY in the 70's and early 80's). I would just read about all the stars and see the occassional UHF broadcast of NWA shows or World Class and rent compliation videos whenever I found one. Now that so much of it is on youtube and good quality too, I have gone down that rabbitt hole for many hours and days on end. I like listening to Jim Cornette's podcast vids about the old times. He's mostly a shithead but he knows his stuff really, really well.

And I love finding out shit that baffled me when I was young, like why did WCW dump a huge star like Sid Vicious. Oh well, maybe because he attacked Arn Anderson with a broken chair leg after Sid bad mouthed Flair and then took the pair of scissors Arn was protecting himself with and stabbed him like 30 times...

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
When I was a kid it was SOOOOO hard to see the different wrestling territories shows (NY in the 70's and early 80's). I would just read about all the stars and see the occassional UHF broadcast of NWA shows or World Class and rent compliation videos whenever I found one. Now that so much of it is on youtube and good quality too, I have gone down that rabbitt hole for many hours and days on end. I like listening to Jim Cornette's podcast vids about the old times. He's mostly a shithead but he knows his stuff really, really well.

And I love finding out shit that baffled me when I was young, like why did WCW dump a huge star like Sid Vicious. Oh well, maybe because he attacked Arn Anderson with a broken chair leg after Sid bad mouthed Flair and then took the pair of scissors Arn was protecting himself with and stabbed him like 30 times...
I got Observer & Torch as far back as the 90's so I was in the know
Albeit two weeks late due to USPS
:cheers:

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Haha, nice. I still have some of my old Pro Wrestling Illustrated issues up in the closet!

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I remember right before one of my moves, I threw out 3-4 years worth of WON & Torch
The staff in my building & the kids were reading them 5 minutes later & freaking out about the inside info lol