Belfort was advised to pull out of Machida fight due to injury

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Vitor Belfort was advised by doctors to pull out his retirement bout with Lyoto Machida at UFC 224, according to MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz.

Combate reported yesterday that ‘The Phenom’ suffered a knee injury during the first week of his training camp for UFC 224, and MMA Fighting confirmed the news on Thursday.

Belfort, an MMA veteran of twenty one years, ignored his doctors’ advice and went on to fight Machida at the Jeunesse Arena in his hometown of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

The former UFC light heavyweight champion was knocked out with a front kick landed by ‘The Dragon’ in the second round, and announced his retirement in the post-fight interview by…

Vitor Belfort was advised to pull out of Machida fight due to knee injury

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Don’t know what to say here......injury or not, that kick ko’s anyone regardless (so tempted to say irregardless) of injury

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Face saving. And retirement my arse, he'll be at Bellator before the year's out.
Not sure Bellator. But he would be a nice insurance policy for the Chuck/Tito fight. Have him in place for the chance one of them get hurt. If they both make the fight. He could fight the winner. Or loser.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Not sure Bellator. But he would be a nice insurance policy for the Chuck/Tito fight. Have him in place for the chance one of them get hurt. If they both make the fight. He could fight the winner. Or loser.
I'm cringing at the thought of that, I still really like both of them. Yeah Vitor would be a good stand-in being I don't really like him and I'd have a clear fighter to root for.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
I'm cringing at the thought of that, I still really like both of them. Yeah Vitor would be a good stand-in being I don't really like him and I'd have a clear fighter to root for.
Cringe? Challenge accepted.

Victor faces Stephen Bonner with a masked man in his corner.