Bellator 136 Fight Discussion - April 10, 2015

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Star-Lord

Saving the Universe one Fight at a Time
Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Really excited for this card some good scraps

Apr 3, 2015
Main Card (Live on Spike TV, 9:00 PM ET)

-Will Brooks vs. Dave Jansen
-Rafael Carvalho vs. Joe Schilling
-Marcin Held vs. Alexander Sarnavskiy
-Tony Johnson vs. Alexander Volkov

Preliminary Card (Live Stream, 6:00 PM ET)

-Fabricio Guerreiro vs. John Teixeira
-Saad Awad vs. Rob Sinclair
-Joey Beltran vs. Brian Rogers
-Jay Bogan vs. Justin Governale

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Schilling is one of the dudes I really want to train with. Ever since his JRE appearance I've been an even bigger fan. He's given me some personal weight cutting tips and when I'm in Cali for world's I think I'll try to head to the yard and train.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Schilling is one of the dudes I really want to train with. Ever since his JRE appearance I've been an even bigger fan. He's given me some personal weight cutting tips and when I'm in Cali for world's I think I'll try to head to the yard and train.
Does Joes weigh cutting include smoking butts? Guys an animal, hacking back darts between fights....

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Hahaha he told me not while he's cutting but he does during training. Dude is a freak

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Flipping back & forth between Bellator and WSOF tonight!

Spazebra

Apr 7, 2015
Will the "dark" matches now become a standard part of Bellator live cards? They've done them before, but only when the prelims ran into the TV time. Is this a new wrinkle from the Coker regime?

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Will the "dark" matches now become a standard part of Bellator live cards? They've done them before, but only when the prelims ran into the TV time. Is this a new wrinkle from the Coker regime?
They usually always have 2 dark matches. They use the local fighters for them that way the fans can't leave to party after the local guy wins on the early prelims. Also for the west coast shows it is hard for many people to get to a 4 pm event on a Friday. I show the spike prelims start at 430 today instead of 4 so I think that's why there are more dark matches than usual.

Spazebra

Apr 7, 2015
Been to a number of Bellator live shows, and have only seen the so-called "dark" matches on one card, but the reasons you give make sense. Problem is, at the one show I saw the "darks," 90% of the crowd left after the TV portion was over, and there were several local fighters who still had matches coming up. I think the West Coast aspect here may play a larger role. It'd be nice if Bellator allowed those fights to be streamed on the Spike site, even after TV has finished.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Been to a number of Bellator live shows, and have only seen the so-called "dark" matches on one card, but the reasons you give make sense. Problem is, at the one show I saw the "darks," 90% of the crowd left after the TV portion was over, and there were several local fighters who still had matches coming up. I think the West Coast aspect here may play a larger role. It'd be nice if Bellator allowed those fights to be streamed on the Spike site, even after TV has finished.
maybe more a west coast thing. tonight is my 11th live bellator and they had dark matches on all but maybe 2 or 3

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazebra

Apr 7, 2015
You're probably right. Having to start the cards earlier on the West Coast, to make sure national TV is accommodated, makes sense as the reason for all the dark matches. All the Bellator shows I've been to have been here on the "Right Coast," so the TV issue wasn't a problem.
Enjoy the show!

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Thanks I will but I believe it is the best coast and least coast.