Bellator 138 Kimbo vs Shamrock Discussion - June 19, 2015

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
Horrible for the sport. One of the greatest submission artists in the history of the sport has a DEEP rnc on a guy with no ground experience, both hooks in and then a body triangle, and cant finish it. Guy gets out of it and ko's him the hext second, what a joke and Bellator is a joke and guys here congratulating them because they got viewers at the expense of the sport and a legend because of your hatred of the UFC is just lame as fuck.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
I guess the new definition of work is "a prerranged result in which neither fighter is hurt." If Ken got punched and cut, there can't be anything fishy about the fight.

I'd need to see it again to really make a verdict. I just can't see Ken not being able to finish that choke. I don't care if he's 51.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
It was a good show and I liked it. But watching it on delay and already knowing the results its not going to be as good. The pitbull fight was prob one of the best ones of the night you should def watch for that one.
I agree this could be the case or buzz of fun exciting finishes may draw eyes.stupid to be on delay in any case.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Horrible for the sport. One of the greatest submission artists in the history of the sport has a DEEP rnc on a guy with no ground experience, both hooks in and then a body triangle, and cant finish it. Guy gets out of it and ko's him the hext second, what a joke and Bellator is a joke and guys here congratulating them because they got viewers at the expense of the sport and a legend because of your hatred of the UFC is just lame as fuck.
ken was a great sumission artist 20 years ago. he hasnt been very impressive in his last years of his career.its not like kimbo fought the same shamrock that fought don fry and royce

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Again. Tito vs Ken. Couture vs Toney. CM Punk. Let's not act like the UFC hasn't done the same shit when they needed ratings.

Coker is doing what he has to do. Headline a card with two popular names, to get eyes on the other guys that fought on the card. How the main event turned out doesn't taint the fact that the rest of the card was awesome.

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
ken was a great sumission artist 20 years ago. he hasnt been very impressive in his last years of his career.its not like kimbo fought the same shamrock that fought don fry and royce
A blue belt could have finished that choke. Anyone that follows the sport and thinks that was a legit fight needs their head checked.

Apr 3, 2015
I would give that card a 8/10.

the parts I didnt like was the prelim fight between the co-main and main event. and Shamrocks walkout.

eveything else was good enough to get my money.

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
Again. Tito vs Ken. Couture vs Toney. CM Punk. Let's not act like the UFC hasn't done the same shit when they needed ratings.

Coker is doing what he has to do. Headline a card with two popular names, to get eyes on the other guys that fought on the card. How the main event turned out doesn't taint the fact that the rest of the card was awesome.
Thats your subjective opinion, not mine.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
More viewers = better competition = good for the sport. This fight was a freakshow. Everyone knew that going in. But to say that Bellator doesn't put on good, competitive fights is being short-sighted. Don't let the caliber of tonight's main event speak for the entire promotion.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
these are the kind of guys ken has been fighting in the last part of his career

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
how is the tourney shady? what sounds shady to you about it?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thats your subjective opinion, not mine.
Whats subjective? That the rest of the card was awesome? Because everything else I said is fact. The UFC has done the same thing for $ and ratings. If we're going to accuse Coker of making a mockery of the sport, then Dana & Lorenzo need to be thrown in there as well.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
A blue belt could have finished that choke. Anyone that follows the sport and thinks that was a legit fight needs their head checked.
Agreed. I've been choked by a wide range of ages and strength levels and even the skinniest kid in high school can put you to sleep with a locked in RNC with minimal training.

It's a shame that fight casts a shadow over all the legit talent on the rest of the card.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
How does a guy get medically cleared to have two fights on the same night?
I was reading in an earlier thread that CSAC will allow a fighter to fight for a combined 25 minutes that night. So they do a 2x5 min round fight then a 3x5 min round fight with 2 different opponents.