Bellator 144 Brandon Halsey vs. Rafael Carvalho - LIVE discussion 10/23/15 @ 9pm ET

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Freaking West coast, doesn't start until 9pm PST, 12 EST
Later!

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Why was i rooting for carlvao get out of head and arm triangle..Fuck

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Halsey be Back i promise

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
So,sad going too bed tonight...

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Damn. He was a 10-1 favorite.

Doesn't matter how good you are, you take a solid liver shot, you're going down

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
watching the fighters walk out tonight..especially seeing the legalize diaz shirt made me hate the ufc rebook uniforms again.

MMABROdotcom

Oct 2, 2015
Did up a piece on Brennan Ward's fight from the show:

MMABRO.com: - MMABRO: MMA FOR THE THINKING BRO.

Under the bright lights of the Mohegan Sun arena just a few short hours ago, “Irish” Brennan Ward came through in the clutch once more in front of a frenzied Uncasville, CT hometown crowd. With the additional pressure of family and friends in attendance and the weight of a Bellator promotional campaign in full force behind him, it would have been easy for Ward to have a letdown or crumble under the weight of expectations. Instead, Ward rattled off his 3rd straight welterweight victory in dominating fashion and proved his very own hypothesis to the MMA world:

“If my head is in it and I’m in a good place, there is no one in the world that can beat me in any division, in any promotion, anywhere. I can’t be beaten when I'm on.”

And “on” Brennan Ward certainly was on Friday night. Even with a defiant, tough willed opponent in Dennis Olson who appeared to relish the opportunity to play spoiler in Ward’s backyard, Ward rose to the occasion once more. From the opening bell of round 1, Ward stuffed a takedown attempt from Olson and transitioned to a guillotine choke which forced Olson to pull guard to escape the submission attempt. Ward then proceeded to execute ground and pound against Olson before ultimately demonstrating patience and standing up and backing out of a skillset on the ground Olson is well known for excelling in. As the referee allowed Olson to return to his feet, the battle then moved to a striking affair where Ward demonstrated crisp punches with a volume of uppercuts and right hands which resulted in Olson retreating against the cage where Ward moved into full mount. As the crowd began to roar, Ward unleashed a flurry of elbows from the top before allowing Olson to stand back up on the feet once more. The end came shortly thereafter as Ward bombed a crushing left and right hand which saw Olson’s legs give out. Sensing the finish, Ward swarmed on Olson and finished the fight by KO at 4:37 of round 1.

With the dominating finish, Ward’s record now stands at 12-3 overall and given his fan favorite attitude and star power, its clear Bellator CEO Scott Coker must elevate the platform Brennan Ward competes on next. Bellator tentpole event participation for Ward is the next logical step as he likely needs one or two more fights before a showdown with Michael “Venom” Page (MVP) or Welterweight Champion Andrey Koreshkov appears unavoidable. Brennan Ward and MVP appear to be the latest new breed of stars emerging under the Coker Bellator era, and their brands have risen to the level that a significant challenge must be next to validate their star status with both casual and hardcore MMA fans.

As for Ward, he had the following to say about his victory Friday night:

“I love this arena and my hometown fans, I was just trying to be patient, but he’s tough on the ground. My coach and dad told me that if I’m patient and land the right hand then the rest would be history.” Ward said. “[Andrey] Koreshkov is a tough dude, if I’m next in line then hopefully we can bang out.”

Fans can look to see Brennan Ward compete next at the Grapple at the Garden which is an annual event to help promote the world's oldest sport of wrestling at Madison Square Garden on November 29, 2015. Ward will likely compete as a member of #TeamWarren (as in Bellator MMA bantamweight #1 contender Joe Warren).

Last but not least, with another emphatic win at Bellator 144, Ward’s dream of a future RVCA sponsorship opportunity appears to be one step closer to becoming a reality.

As always, check out the Bellator MMA app or Bellator Spike.com webpage for full video replays as they are usually posted the day after the events.
Bellator 144: Brennan Ward-Dennis Olson video highlights

View: https://youtu.be/TzGqbBtiX30

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I think Halsey really blew his wad with the arm triangle, and then with Carvalho fighting the takedown so hard afterwards his energy just changed. Looked like he had a serious adrenaline dump and he was there for the taking.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
does that mean that Storm was going to KO him if their fight lasted a little bit longer?