Bellator 172 Live Discussion - 2/18/17

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Certainly possible but it's not like Mitrione isn't susceptible to getting cracked too. All it takes is one.

I feel as of people may be forgeying how dangerous Fedor still looked vs makdanado begore getting caught and then pummeled past cnsciousness

Until he is rocked, I'd give him the standing advantage vs mitrione.

(I came in last in the monsters pick em for ufc 208, so it's probably safer to read this upside down before making Ur bets)

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

That was a fantastic video

I may have relayed this before, but a funny story of how I met Josh Thomson.

I was helping a buddy working an event in San Francisco, and the temp guys they hired weren't getting the layout right.
The ring itself was the wrong one, flown in from Kansas, and the event was a mixed event, amateurs, girls, Muay Thai, MMA, etc. touted as "the first 5-rope ring mixed event in Cali history". Because the ring was wrong, the floor was wrong, and the ropes were wrong.

Tensions were high as everything that could go wrong went wrong, and the start time was delayed over 3 hours. The main event was a no-call/no-show(Blas Avena, RIP).
People flew from all over the world to sit cageside and paid good money to do so.

Gilbert Melendez and Jake Shields were invited to do the guest commentary, but were rejected at the door by security who didn't know who they were and didn't believe them. I ran down the block when people told me to find them and get them in.
From a fan perspective it was a playground. In attendance were all the usuals from Cali. The Diaz', Urijah Faber, Josh Thomson, Frank Shamrock, and others like Ralph Gracie and co, Anderson Silva and others.

Around the ring the layout called for 25 premium seats per side. Because the ring was wrong(smaller), only 18 seats were possible, leaving 28 pissed off people and minimal security to handle tussles, which there were.
Frank Shamrock came to sit in my seat while I was getting booze before start time, and someone kicked him out and into the audience.
Of course with tensions high this pissed me off, and I went to bring him back in. He declined, and was fine in the audience where he was occasionally mobbed by small fan groups, but he was all class, great great guy.
Then I get a tap on the shoulder "hey can you hand me that chair" this voice says, then says immediately "nevermind I'll get it". and starts edging around me.
I turn around like "MOTHERFUCKER!":leftright:

Snap, it's Josh Thomson with that big ass smile.:)

I pulled out my camera and said alright "strike a pose!":cool:

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jenn follows us on Twitter and is cool as hell. She knows who the Bellator supporters are.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
I feel as of people may be forgeying how dangerous Fedor still looked vs makdanado begore getting caught and then pummeled past cnsciousness

Until he is rocked, I'd give him the standing advantage vs mitrione.

(I came in last in the monsters pick em for ufc 208, so it's probably safer to read this upside down before making Ur bets)
I'm a huge Fedor fan, and I disagree. He didn't look good against Maldonado, even before being rocked. He didn't look good against Jaideep Singh either. And when I say he didn't look good, I mean he didn't look like he did in his prime. Back then his speed and explosiveness were off the charts, it was simply inhuman and looked unreal.

Now his punches look good, albeit ... normal, predictable and defendable. The only time he looked close to his prime, in the post Strikeforce part of his career was against Pedro Rizzo. That superman punch and the combo left uppercut/right hook/left uppercut that followed was insane.

View: https://youtu.be/sbZ99-NHynU?t=17m17s

I think it's unfair to prime Fedor if we say that the Fedor vs Maldonado or the Fedor vs Singh are the same guys. They are not. I hope we'll see the prime Fedor on Saturday.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
I'm a huge Fedor fan, and I disagree. He didn't look good against Maldonado, even before being rocked. He didn't look good against Jaideep Singh either. And when I say he didn't look good, I mean he didn't look like he did in his prime. Back then his speed and explosiveness were off the charts, it was simply inhuman and looked unreal.

Now his punches look good, albeit ... normal, predictable and defendable. The only time he looked close to his prime, in the post Strikeforce part of his career was against Pedro Rizzo. That superman punch and the combo left uppercut/right hook/left uppercut that followed was insane.

View: https://youtu.be/sbZ99-NHynU?t=17m17s

I think it's unfair to prime Fedor if we say that the Fedor vs Maldonado or the Fedor vs Singh are the same guys. They are not. I hope we'll see the prime Fedor on Saturday.
only watched the fight once, live. i dont think he was near his prime. father Time. but his first couple bombs shocked me. i expect him to hobble around and old man punch

his hands were fast. if i recall correctly, maldonado barely got out of the way. i totally think mitrino should have the betting odds. but i feel like fedor could still land an overhand right or whatever he throws

ur probably more knowledgeable since u heart him :p