Bellator 182: Live Discussion - 8/25/17

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Complete Results:

Andrey Koreshkov def. Chidi Njokuani via TKO (ground-and-pound) at 4:08 of Round 1
Fernando Gonzalez def. Brennan Ward via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:02 of Round 3
Bruna Ellen def. Veta Arteaga via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
A.J. McKee def. Blair Tugman via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
Ricky Rainey def. Marc Stevens via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
Talita Nogueira def. Amanda Bell via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:44 of Round 1
Vadim Nemkov def. Philipe Lins via KO (punches) at 3:03 of Round 1
Henry Corrales def. Noad Lahat via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Georgi Karakhanyan def. Daniel Pineda via TKO (doctor stoppage due to cut) at 4:05 of Round 2
Kate Jackson def. Colleen Schneider via TKO (doctor stoppage due to leg injury) at 5:00 of Round 1
Chris Honeycutt def. Kevin Casey via TKO (ground-and-pound) at 2:06 of Round 2
Arlene Blencowe def. Sinead Kavanagh via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
Joey Davis def. Justin Roswell via TKO (elbows) at 1:35 of Round 1
Josh Warne def. Brandon Warne via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Alex Potts def. Brandon Polcare via submission (kimura) at 3:10 of Round 1
Tom Regal def. Kastriot Xhema via KO (punches) at 3:21 of Round 1
Matt Secor def. T.J. Sumler via submission (keylock) at 4:00 of Round 1
Kristi Lopez vs. Jessica Sotack ended in a split draw (29-28, 28-29, 28-28)

Last edited:

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Man, I love this card so much! I really hope they show Kas, Ricky Rainey, Nemkov, and joey Davis. But knowing bellator they will show chick fights, Kevin Casey, and some other bullshit. The main and Co-main are just so good!!!

I really hope they air the prelims that I want to see, I hate how they push women's fights so much, and air stupid shit, and not some of their talent.

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Okay, any predictions on the main and co-main? It is a week away, but I'm excited!! Who is with me?!

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Andrey Koreshkov vs Chidi Njokuani
Fernando Gonzalez vs Brennan Ward
A.J. McKee vs Blair Tugman
Veta Arteaga vs Bruna Ellen

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Andrey Koreshkov via KO
Brennan Ward via KO
A.J. McKee via decision
Veta Arteaga via decision

You?
Mckee, via first round KO, Dont wach the girls, Brennan via better boxing and wrestling and scoring a Ko within the first two rounds. Koreshkov via aggression and gnp. But I think Chidi will hurt Koreshkov with a counter and hurt him at some point.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't see Brennan Ward KO'ing Gonzalez, nor do I think his "boxing" is better.
But I can see him taking the first 2 rounds on aggression and ultimately the decision.
Koreshkov vs. Njokuani should be headlining here, that fight is hard to call.
Biggest of Chidi's career, certainly puts him in the welterweight mix if he beats Andrey.
Looking forward also to Nemkov & Rainey.

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
I don't see Brennan Ward KO'ing Gonzalez, nor do I think his "boxing" is better.
But I can see him taking the first 2 rounds on aggression and ultimately the decision.
Koreshkov vs. Njokuani should be headlining here, that fight is hard to call.
Biggest of Chidi's career, certainly puts him in the welterweight mix if he beats Andrey.
Looking forward also to Nemkov & Rainey.
I guess we will see, why dont you think Ward has better boxing? I think his technique is cleaner and hits harder. It should be interesting to see how Gonzalez reacts to Ward's power. Another advantage I think Ward has is the grappling he was getting out wrestled by Gilbert Smith(I dont think he is very good), and Brandon Girtz who is much smaller. He got up plenty of times against Girtz, but Girtz is tiny compared to Ward. Ward takes the back pretty well, and has viscious Gn'p that I think he can get a stoppage on the ground.

Chidi and Koreshkov are headlining the event. I am hoping to see both of them strike against each other, but I think Koreshkov will change his mind once he gets hurt by Chidi.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
When I first saw Lins vs Nemkov on the prelims, I assumed Lins was making the move to HW, but it's the other way around.

Nemkov is going to LHW :eek:

Whole division better take notice.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
These are the prelim fights I am interested in.

Kevin Casey vs Chris Honeycutt
Ricky Rainey vs Marc Stevens
Philipe Lins vs Vadim Nemkov
Joey Davis vs Justin Roswell

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
These are the prelim fights I am interested in.

Kevin Casey vs Chris Honeycutt
Ricky Rainey vs Marc Stevens
Philipe Lins vs Vadim Nemkov
Joey Davis vs Justin Roswell
These plus
Georgi Karakhanyan vs Daniel Pineda and
Gabrielle Holloway vs Talita Nogueira for me.

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Gabrielle is out man, I want to see Kas fight. Does anyone remember seeing him fight on the Strauss vs. Pitbull 4 card? He is crazy exciting, and made his debut on the prelims.

Kastroit Xhema vs. Nick Alley - MMA Full Fight Video - Straus vs. Pitbull 4

Why do you want to see Casey vs Honeycutt, both are boring as shit? Wild @Wild
I dont think Honeycutt is boring lol. I agree with you on Casey, but I'm hoping Honeycutt lands a sledgehammer.

So is the Gabrielle Holloway vs Talita Nogueira off now?

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
When I first saw Lins vs Nemkov on the prelims, I assumed Lins was making the move to HW, but it's the other way around.

Nemkov is going to LHW :eek:

Whole division better take notice.
Nemkov was always a LHW, he just fought at the openweight tournament in Japan as other lhws did too. I was very excited about him when he first began but he has disappointed me a couple of times, so we'll see if the division has to worry about him or not. He has a good fight IQ and great skills, but he lacks a fighter's heart and some savagery in my opinion.