Bellator 185 Live Discussion - 10/20/17

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Complete Results:
Gegard Mousasi def. Alexander Shlemenko via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Neiman Gracie def. Zak Bucia via submission (neck crank)(Round 2, 2:27)
Kristina Williams def. Heather Hardy via technical knockout (Doctor’s stoppage)(Round 2, 2:00)
Ryan Quinn def. Marcus Surin via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Lisa Blaine def. Ana Julaton via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Kevin Carrier def. Jose Antonio Perez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
John Lopez def. Billy Giovanella via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 29-28)
Vovka Clay def. Frank Sforza via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:17 of R2
Don Shainis def. Matt Denning via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:50
Jordan Young def. Alec Hooben via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 2:44
Costello van Steenis def. Steve Skrzat via submission (strikes) at 2:52 of R1
Joaquin Buckley def. Vinicius de Jesus via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
met alec hooben a couple years ago after a bunch of us north jersey cats crashed at my lil brothers best friends house down near A.C.

good kid. real nice. i'll cheer him on =)

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Bellator does a bad job of promoting their events. This is a good event, and there is no buzz for it.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Bellator does a bad job of promoting their events. This is a good event, and there is no buzz for it.
There will be plenty more after Friday, but they can't hard push this event yet without over shadowing Caldwell vs Dantas.

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
There will be plenty more after Friday, but they can't hard push this event yet without over shadowing Caldwell vs Dantas.
But they haven't done a good job promoting that one either lol. And that card has a bunch of good fights too, super bummed about King Mo, that was the FOTN for me...The Mohegan event looks stellar though.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
But they haven't done a good job promoting that one either lol. And that card has a bunch of good fights too, super bummed about King Mo, that was the FOTN for me...The Mohegan event looks stellar though.
Posters, Instagram posts, tweets, YouTube videos, articles... they've done pretty much all they can.

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Always down to see B-Ward fight, is Nemian Gracie going to be fighting on the main card?

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Do you guys think the main card has taken huge a hit? No Mcgeary or King Mo, and two chick fights.:confused:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Do you guys think the main card has taken huge a hit? No Mcgeary or King Mo, and two chick fights.:confused:
Neiman is on the main card. New lineup looks like this-
  • Gegard Mousasi vs Alexander Shlemenko
  • Brennan Ward vs David Rickels
  • Heather Hardy vs Kristina Williams
  • Neiman Gracie vs Javier Torres
  • Ana Julaton vs Lisa Blaine
As far as if the card took a hit losing McGeary vs Mo.... not really. No offense to either guy, but the main draw to this card was always Mousasi.

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Neiman is on the main card. New lineup looks like this-
  • Gegard Mousasi vs Alexander Shlemenko
  • Brennan Ward vs David Rickels
  • Heather Hardy vs Kristina Williams
  • Neiman Gracie vs Javier Torres
  • Ana Julaton vs Lisa Blaine
As far as if the card took a hit losing McGeary vs Mo.... not really. No offense to either guy, but the main draw to this card was always Mousasi.
Idunno I thought mcgeary v. Mo would be competitive. Mousasi vs Shlemenko will be fun, but we all know what will happen when mousasi takes shlemenko down and submits him.

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
I don't think it would have been. McGeary struggles against wrestlers, and Mo is an excellent wrestler.
But we don't know how good Mo's bjj is, and Mo could have a suspect chin. The guys that have actually defeated Mcgeary have good grappling, and wrestling. We don't know how good King Mo will do in Mcgery's guard.