Bellator 199 King Mo vs. Ryan Bader

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

........................................................................... BELLATOR 199..........................................................................

Bellator Fighting Championships return to it's hometown base of San Jose California Saturday May 12, 2018,
for it's final heavyweight quarterfinal bout in the Heavyweight Tournament Grand Prix, which will determine who will be Bellator's next Heavyweight champion.

Headlined by Mohammed "King Mo" Lawal vs. Ryan "Darth" Bader for the coveted final quarterfinal spot, Bellator 199 promises to deliver fireworks on it's final card before the promotion's highly anticipated Bellator 200 landmark event from London England, where all 4 Heavyweight semi-finalists will likely be displayed, along with dates for their respective upcoming bouts

"King Mo" is no stranger to the Heavyweight tournament format, having won Rizin Fighting Championships Inaugural Heavyweight Tournament Championship NYE 2015 at Japan's infamous Saitama Super Arena,
in stunning fashion.

King Mo's opponent is no stranger to accolades, being Bellator's current Light -Heavyweight Champion.
Ryan "Darth" Bader last defended his belt in dominant fashion over Bellator's highly regarded Light Heavyweight Veteran Linton Vassell, (whose last defeat came at the hands of....you guessed it, King Mo,
at Bellators Inaugural DYNAMITE show 2 1/2 years ago).

Many have been wondering, what if someone gets hurt?
Where are the alternates?
And for that, Bellator has veteran Cheick Kongo looking to re-establish himself against the extremely tough
Javy Ayala.
Cheick has been on a statistical tear, currently riding a 5-fight win streak, which includes a unanimous decision over current UFC HW Title contender Alexander Volkov , and Cheick's last loss came against, again, you guessed it, King Mo.
It will be interesting to see if he can win his way to a rematch.

To do that, he has to get by Javy.
Javy, who lost out on an initial tournament spot, being edged out in a decision by Roy "Big Country" Nelson at Bellator 183, made fame by first knocking out former Bellator Heavyweight Thiago Santos, then welcoming famed Heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov to Bellator with a stunning 16-second highlight-reel knockout, *the fastest in Bellator history*.
At just 29, the Hunt'esque Ayala looks for another big name to add to his resume, and a hopeful slot as an alternate and "true" Heavyweight in the tournament.

Scott Coker's last HW tournament was the legendary Strikeforce Heavyweight Tournament, in which the newcomer Daniel Cormier peppered Jeff Monson in an alternate bout, and eventually went on to win the tournament as an "injured" Alistair Overeem left a spot vacant.
Just goes to show you, in a tournament, especially at Heavyweight, ANYTHING can happen.

Also on the card, mainstay veteran and knockout artists Paul "Semtex" Daley welcomes fellow veteran Jon Fitch to Bellator who comes in from WSOF/PFL riding a 4-fight win streak.
"Semtex" is coming off an impressive KO victory at Bellator 183 over Lorenz Larkin.

And young superstar Aaron Pico looks to make another impression on Bellator audiences after back-to-back stunning KO victories, as he faces veteran Lee "The American Bulldog" Morrison, who's looking to put Okanogan country on the map with a win to add to his already consecutive 4.

Rounding out the main card, Adam Piccolotti looks to return to his winning ways against the undefeated Carrington "Jet Setter" Banks.
After starting off his professional MMA career 9-0 (his ninth victory over the always tough Brandon Girtz), Piccolotti experienced consecutive losses to Goiti Yamauchi and Dave Rickels, respectively.

Main Card:

Mohammed "King Mo" Lawal vs. Ryan "Darth" Bader

Javy Ayala vs. Cheick Kongo

Paul "Semtex" Daley vs. Jon Fitch

Aaron Pico vs. Lee "The American Bulldog" Morrison

Adam Piccolotti vs. Carrington "Jetsetter" Banks

Undercard:

Janay Harding vs. Amber Leibrock

James Terry vs. Danasabe Mohammed

Brandon Hester vs. Diego Herzog

Hyder Amil vs. Elias Anderson

David Rivera-Cruz vs. Justin Tenedora

Nohelin Hernandez vs. Josh San Diego

Mark Climaco vs. Daniel Oseguera

Tom Oswald vs. Dominic Summer

Cass Bell vs. Khai Wu

Adam Antolin vs. Josh Paiva

*Subject to change

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Where are the alternates?
And for that, Bellator has veteran Cheick Kongo looking to re-establish himself against the extremely tough
Javy Ayala.
That's awesome. When they first announced it, it didn't sound like Kongo and Ayala were actually going to fight to be alternate, just that they were appointed. So that's better, imo.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That's awesome. When they first announced it, it didn't sound like Kongo and Ayala were actually going to fight to be alternate, just that they were appointed. So that's better, imo.
Yeah, don't quote me on that, I'm assuming from what I've heard Scotty say in the past.
I believe this is an eliminator, I'd have liked to see one on the 4/28 card as well, involving everyone's favorite perennial dark horse, Sergei Kharitonov.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
Can't wait to see Mo with a gut. I hope he walks out in a white tank top.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Tempted, but after falling asleep during the Bendo fight and at The Sharks last month I think me and The SAP Center are doomed.

I do like Kongo, so I'll see.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Tempted, but after falling asleep during the Bendo fight and at The Sharks last month I think me and The SAP Center are doomed.

I do like Kongo, so I'll see.
Alright, I'll miss you.
Not that you'd show up anyway...

CLINTK9

Oct 20, 2015
Yeah, don't quote me on that, I'm assuming from what I've heard Scotty say in the past.
I believe this is an eliminator, I'd have liked to see one on the 4/28 card as well, involving everyone's favorite perennial dark horse, Sergei Kharitonov.
maybe we'll get a cro-cop vs kharitonov match down the road.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
maybe we'll get a cro-cop vs kharitonov match down the road.
It's amazing to me Kharitonov has done what he's done for years without matching up at some point with Fedor or Cro Cop.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
sparkuri @sparkuri - appreciate you taking some of the load off of me by making these threads and adding them to the calendar broham. Just keep in mind though that the first post is going to disappear for members when we make this thing live. Splint will get the bug worked out upon his return, but until then, I've been adding that first post as reserved for live to discussion to avoid this problem.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
sparkuri @sparkuri - appreciate you taking some of the load off of me by making these threads and adding them to the calendar broham. Just keep in mind though that the first post is going to disappear for members when we make this thing live. Splint will get the bug worked out upon his return, but until then, I've been adding that first post as reserved for live to discussion to avoid this problem.
Okey dokey

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

I'll copy/paste this into a second post in an hour before we reserve it.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
oh thats a good move....was wondering why it worked lately....I used to not be able to find the first post

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Okay, so I wanted to copy/paste, re-link and all that, but again I'm not seeing an edit option.
Is there a time-limit to edit posts?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Really want to see Larkin vs. Page with the winner facing Daley/Fitch winner for the next crack at the title. A Bellator WW GP would be a good follow up to this HW GP. Throw Rory in and woo Askren over. Lima and Koreshkov to round it out.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Really want to see Larkin vs. Page with the winner facing Daley/Fitch winner for the next crack at the title. A Bellator WW GP would be a good follow up to this HW GP. Throw Rory in and woo Askren over. Lima and Koreshkov to round it out.
Koreshkov is getting the shaft imo.
He dominated Lima again until a punch, and it seems like he's out. Just put Chidi Njokuani on blast.
Rory should've had to fight Koreshkov first, we may never get to see that in it's prime and that's a crime.
I didn't mean to ryhme, but you know the time.
Fime kime dime mime sime....