Bellator 199 salaries: Ryan Bader, ‘King Mo,’ Cheick Kongo cash $150,000 purses

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Try to think of it as a talent search. So the comparative thing in the UFC would be the guys on TUF, and how much they were banking with each fight in the TUF house. Except in Bellator there's no pissing on someone's bed, alcohol fueled meltdowns, or fat bald fucks giving there best halftime speeches about being a fighter (even though they themselves just taught jazzercise).

Weidman's right nut

Conservative to the bone
Jul 6, 2015
How the hell can anyone, fighter, organization or promotor call someone a professional fighter and pay them 1,200.....even at 10 fights a year (and we know that doesn't happen) that's 12K a year.....gawd damn that's 4X BELOW the poverty line.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
How the hell can anyone, fighter, organization or promotor call someone a professional fighter and pay them 1,200.....even at 10 fights a year (and we know that doesn't happen) that's 12K a year.....gawd damn that's 4X BELOW the poverty line.
Welcome to 98% of mma across the world

M

member 3289

The strippers at Diamond Dolls make at least $3,000 a night entertaining people and trying to mount dudes and finish them.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Try to think of it as a talent search. So the comparative thing in the UFC would be the guys on TUF, and how much they were banking with each fight in the TUF house. Except in Bellator there's no pissing on someone's bed, alcohol fueled meltdowns, or fat bald fucks giving there best halftime speeches about being a fighter (even though they themselves just taught jazzercise).
I get that, but a fighter on TUF has a lot more upside.
They are televised and can use that to get more on the indy circuit.

Again, my issue isn't what Bellator pays prelim guys, it is have 19 fights so more prelim guys can sell tix & those fighters fight in front of empty houses.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What is great, besides seeing these guys make 150 K, nice to see Piccoleto at 18K show, he got 36K with the win, plus he is not stuck iwth the shit 3,500 reebok pay , possibly 5000 braket lol that he would be in in the ufc.

Not sure how much sponsor money he makes, but at least he has a chance to make whatever he can in sponsor money

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Those are regional fighters that would not even make an LFA main card, its not like they are paying their actual fighters that, bellator fills out prelims with regional fighters, often guys that are making debuts
It's cool these guys get to fight In bellator but if these fighters are not worthy of being paid well then they shouldn't be in the big leagues.

M

member 603

Again, my issue isn't what Bellator pays prelim guys, it is have 19 fights so more prelim guys can sell tix & those fighters fight in front of empty houses.

I've known 7 guys and 3 ladies who've been on TUF, the notoriety of being on the show lasts as long as the season break. Plus if they are on the show, they can't fight until after the Finale, so guys who may have had a bad outing in the fight have to wait around nearly 8 months (while being healthy) before they can fight again. I've had several friends fight in Bellator, they've done the "audition fight" and have made more in subsequent outings with the company.

Here's the thing, both orgs have their strength and drawbacks... Personally I think Bellator does way better in developing young talent, and across the board promotion of fighters, the UFC can learn from them in this department

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's cool these guys get to fight In bellator but if these fighters are not worthy of being paid well then they shouldn't be in the big leagues.

The semantics are different, you are not looking at it the right way. Think of Bellator is really only the main card, and the prelims is called Bellator but really just a regional card.

If Bellator had guys on the problem that are ranked top 100 in the world in their weightclass, and had records of like 14-4 or something, that would be one thing. But a lot of these are literally like 0 and 0, or 1-0, 0-1, 2-4, records like that, and the part that is cool for them is a guy who is barely a professional, but has a Bellator card in his hometown, well sucks he gets 1,000 or 2,000 but at least he can have his friends and family come see him in a big show setting. It's not like that guy was gonna get to the UFC, or Bellator Main card, or one Fc, with maybe a rare exception every once in a while.

Trust me, I wish there was a rule that once you are professional fighter, even 0 and 0 on a small show, you have to get at least 8,000 show.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
I'm bored at work, so these are the fighters who cleared $2500.00 or less. Someone tell me which one should have cleared $10,000.00 And been featured on the main card-

Deron Winn
Ahmed White
David Rivera
Malcolm Hill
Danasabe Mohammed
Brandon Hester
Hyder Amil
Elias Anderson
Ignacio Ortiz
Mark Climaco
Daniel Oseguera
J.J. Okanovich
Hugo Lujan
Thomas Ponce de Leon
Dominic Sumner
Josh San Diego
Adam Antolin
Cass Bell
Khai Wu

Admittedly, I'm intrigued by Josh San Diego, but only if he walks to the cage with a dark haired woman dressed like this-

- and to a modified version of this song....

View: https://youtu.be/s1EIUP8tvbE

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Here's the thing, both orgs have their strength and drawbacks...
nobody is arguing that
You made the comparison to UFC, not I
I know Bellator's financials & never would expect them to pay $12k/12k for undercard.

The issue I have (& fighters I know have), is having to sell tix (with a minimum) & having 14 fights on the undercard so they can can have 19-20 people hawking tix

They are owned by Viacom & a worldwide promotion. They are not Ring of Combat in NJ.

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Maybe if supposed "fans" of the industry put their money where their mouth is, it wouldn't be an "issue".

That's my issue; people who complain about an organization's(or a fighter's)efforts, without taking into consideration the platform they have to make things better.
Maybe go to a fight?
Promote an event?
Support the sport?
DONATE to a fighter's noble efforts, rather than "report it" for social brownie points, then clown the effort.

There's likely not a single fighter who fought a dark bout who wouldn't have done what they did for free.
They'd do it again if they caught an L last time.

Those who truly feel the industry "needs a strong #2" produce work that doesn't highlight negativity.

Oh yeah.....;)

M

member 3289

nobody is arguing that
You made the comparison to UFC, not I
I know Bellator's financials & never would expect them to pay $12k/12k for undercard.

The issue I have (& fighters I know have), is having to sell tix (with a minimum) & having 14 fights on the undercard so they can can have 19-20 people hawking tix

They are owned by Viacom & a worldwide promotion. They are not Ring of Combat in NJ.
So it was only the undercard guys who had to sell tickets?

Do you know the minimum and/or what would have happened if they hadn't hit that minimum? Would their fights have been canceled?