Bellator 232 Live Discussion - 10/26/19

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Complete Results:
Douglas Lima def. Rory MacDonald via unanimous decision (49-46, 50-45, 50-45)
Paul Daley def. Saad Awad via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 1:30
Patrick Mix def. Isaiah Chapman via submission (Suloev stretch) - Round 1, 3:49
Manny Muro def. Nick Newell via split decision (29-28, 27-29, 29-28)
Kevin Ferguson Jr. def. Craig Campbell via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 0:38
Ryan Hardy Evans def. Demetrios Plaza via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 3:03
Lance Gibson Jr. def. Dominic Jones via knockout (strikes) – Round 1, 1:58
Devin Powell def. Marcus Surin via technical submission – Round 2, 5:00
John Lopez def. Dan Cormier via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Jornel Lugo def. John Douma via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
Zarrukh Adashev def. Tevin Dyce via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:39

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Once again.. I get it... But I hate when Bellator does two watery events on the same weekend instead of a kick-ass one. I don't care about the Mir event but this one should be good. Put Ruth and Mir on this and it's great.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Once again.. I get it... But I hate when Bellator does two watery events on the same weekend instead of a kick-ass one. I don't care about the Mir event but this one should be good. Put Ruth and Mir on this and it's great.
Ok, but how do they do that?
You've already established names like Noguera, Mowry etc. on undercards, what do you do with the rest of your project fighters?
And you've got the WW GrandPrix final & million dollar fight w/50 cent % all that.
  • Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson
  • Phil Davis vs. Karl Albrektsson
  • Ed Ruth vs. Jason Jackson
  • Bec Rawlings vs. Ilara Joanne
  • Jake Hager vs. Anthony Garrett
  • Rory MacDonald vs. Douglas Lima
    Paul Daley vs. Saad Awad
    Patrick Mix vs. Isiah Chapman
    Javy Ayala vs. Vitaly Minakov
    Nick Newell vs. Manny Muro
This looks like two mains to me, but I watch every Bellator & Rizin w/undercard, so I know who these people are.
To the common UFC & casual "other" mma fan, you see like ten names, so it looks like 5 fights.
Who goes on the undercard, & them being almost free events, how do they make enough money to keep the doors open?
Or keep fighters employed?
Their DAZN contract has stipulations.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
  • Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson - Shouldn't be happening at all. Even Frank gives zero fucks about this fight.
  • Phil Davis vs. Karl Albrektsson - Ok. Main card worthy.
  • Ed Ruth vs. Jason Jackson - As much as I want to see Ruth.. Not necessarily a main card fight. Not mad at it though.
  • Bec Rawlings vs. Ilara Joanne - Definitely not a main card fight.
  • Jake Hager vs. Anthony Garrett - If Hager didn't have WWE buzz then he's not main card worthy. So for me, I give no shits about it.
  • Rory MacDonald vs. Douglas Lima - PPV worthy fight. A real main event in any organization.
    Paul Daley vs. Saad Awad - Fun fight. Main Card worthy.
    Patrick Mix vs. Isiah Chapman - I'm interested in Mix. Similar to Ruth as far as Main Card goes.
    Javy Ayala vs. Vitaly Minakov - Minakov belongs on main card. Since he's out ... meh.
    Nick Newell vs. Manny Muro - Prelims are fine for this. Nick is tough and a cool story. But overall this fight doesn't do much for me.
Basically I see some fights that are cool, some that I have a negative amount of interest in, and a great fight. If you give me Lima, Davis, Daley, Minakov (based on scheduling), and either Mix or Ruth then I'd sign up for DAZN to see that card.

As it stands, I may find a stream tomorrow. I'll keep an eye on Twitter tonight.

Also, to a lot of your other points... It's not my cross to bear that any org can keep fighters on the roster or that their business is profitable. It is their job to make cards that people care enough about to watch/pay to watch. In the last few months I've required better quality for the time drain that MMA events take.

If it makes you feel any different about my opinion.. I haven't even cared enough about the UFC event to post about it.