Bellator 262 Velasquez vs Kielholtz Live Discussion - Fri July 26th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 07-16-21, 07-17-21

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
If Mitrione is in good shape (which he looks like), this could be a bad matchup for Tyrell, he's kinda the same prototype as Timothy Johnson, except hes wrestling isn't as good, he has hands though, I still see Mitrione being the underdog, but hey at HW things can happend at the snap of one punch.

Velasquez dwarfs Kielholtz and she's also a bit wider, I know Bellator loves Denise, but I see this as a tough matchup for her, thinking Velasquez will get the win.

Mattheo Mattos actually fought Petr Yan and lost in the 3rd round, could be a potential contender for the title if he gets a win here and starts putting together some ranked wins.

Blencowe vs Dayana Silva is probably one of the best WMMA fights Bellator has put on in a long time, this is gonna be a striking battle, where if im right the power and superior striking of Blencowe will serve as the difference, Dayana is coming off a split dec loss to Julia Budd.

Also have your eyes on Johnny Eblen, a undefeated MW with great wrestling, he's someone they are looking to push.

Other than that Said Sowma and Ronny Markes looks interesting, both are coming off loses and although Ronny is the more experienced I think Said has the tools to win if he utilizes them, I also thought Said's figth with Tyrell Fortune was much closer than most thought, he has great potential in my book.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
said sawa and ronny markes are going to fight twice back to back because they couldnt sell enough tickets

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Damn only 1 fight I'm interested in.

What happened to you Bellator?

*Sobs*

What happened?!?

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
Damn only 1 fight I'm interested in.

What happened to you Bellator?

*Sobs*

What happened?!?
They think that Kielholtz and Velasquez is big enough stars for them to headline, which they with all duo respect, isn't at all, not even remotely close. Bellator wants Kielholtz to win extremely bad, I dont think I've ever seen a contender whos had Bellator so much behind them, I dont see anything special in Kielholtz, nobody really cares about her, unless you like watching female kickboxing and she's not a potential star either.

Also they cut a shit ton of guys who was supposedly "old" and instead they are giving a large amount of "winnable" matchups to their future contenders, whether that be Faraldo or Johnny Eblen or even Tyrell Fortune before this matchup, Bellator doesn't understand that no one really cares about their new stars since they haven't been tested. Same with MVP whos been fighting cans for as long as I can remember and have been dodging people like Larkinz and others.

+ I have to listen to Josh fucking Thomson sit and talk for hours on end during the event on why people should be super interested in Kielholtz and Velasquez, imo Mitrione vs Fortune should be the main event and not this atrocity of a matchup.

It's sorta the mentality of "well the UFC has female main events", yeah but they are way better promoted and have waaaay more media coverage, trust me this event is gonna fall flat on it's ass in terms of pulling in casual fans.

Hopefully though the Showtime guy that was there the event before will still be there, he's miles ahead of the other commentators they have, besides Mauro Ranallo. Whoever put Josh Thomson in the commentating booth should be facing 5-10 years in a federal prison, keep him aslong as possible away from the action (he's good as an expert), till he's polished and mature enough to sit in the booth.

Josh is simply begging for the UFC to give him a job and thinks in his own mind that his too good for Bellator, which is a grand illusion if you ask me. Even on his podcast he said that "yeah this isn't really a good card", now we have to listen to "fake" Josh Thomson trying to sell us the fight as an expert on Showtime, do they think we are mentally retarded? How am I supposed to believe or listen to a single word he's saying if he had just stated prior that the card was sorta bad, does he think he has several personas? The "private" Josh Thomson and the "Pro" Josh Thomson who can just say whatever they like without any repercussions from the fans? It just doesn't make sense.

Bellator needs to find a better and more efficient matchmaker than what they have now, Rich Chou was great, but he's gone now. If I was them I would let Big John and probably someone like Jay Glazer handle that part.

Last edited:

MrSandman

Apr 11, 2020
It's sorta the mentality of "well the UFC has female main events", yeah but they are way better promoted and have waaaay more media coverage
"I wish Bellator would promote them more"

I have to listen to Josh fucking Thomson sit and talk for hours on end during the event on why people should be super interested in Kielholtz and Velasquez
"I can't stand it when Bellator promotes them."

?

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
ares about her, unless
"I wish Bellator would promote them more"

"I can't stand it when Bellator promotes them."

?
You misunderstood what I'm saying, I said the UFC is promoted more by mainstream MMA media, not anything about the organization by itself trying to promote, although I see it can be a bit easy to misunderstand. The Weighing in podcast is not mainstream MMA media, it's a podcast that serves to a niche audience

And the other point was regarding the fact that Josh went out and slaughtered the event on his own podcast, while now I have to listen to him as a credible expert trying to sell to me why this fight is important on tonights broadcast. You don't see how that's a conflict of interest?

MrSandman

Apr 11, 2020
You misunderstood what I'm saying, I said the UFC is promoted more by mainstream MMA media
The UFC airs on ESPN. It's in ESPN interest to promote their own product.

And the other point was regarding the fact that Josh went out and slaughtered the event on his own podcast, while now I have to listen to him as a credible expert trying to sell to me why this fight is important on tonights broadcast. You don't see how that's a conflict of interest?
Not really. He's free to say what he wants on his podcast, but when he suits up and cashes the check Bellator curs for him, he's a promoter. His job is to sell you on what makes each fight interesting and worth your time.

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
The UFC airs on ESPN. It's in ESPN interest to promote their own product.

Not really. He's free to say what he wants on his podcast, but when he suits up and cashes the check Bellator curs for him, he's a promoter. His job is to sell you on what makes each fight interesting and worth your time.
He will be gone and replaced by a pro from Showtime in about 1 year, you misunderstood everything in the argument btw. ESPN isnt the sole resource of MMA news either

But you are right about 1 thing though, he's job is to sell the fight, now tell me how good is he doing that job when he just reminded us that the card was nothing special a couple of days prior to it airing?

You have one good point though, ESPN is heavily promoting "their" brand, which is the UFC, while Showtime basically only uses Bellator as a type of appetizer while boxing is their primary focus, if Showtime would use the same time investing in the product and trying to build the promotion as the UFC, then maybe other mainstream news sources would catch on.

It kinda reminds me of when WCW still existed and was running on TBS, but when CNN was on they would only cover the WWE. Showtime needs to shit or get off the pot (excuse my french).

Last edited:

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
It was pretty obvious when the first round ended that his opponent took the fight on a weeks notice, give Campbell some better competition and let's see if he can become a future contender.

Good fight imo though.

Love this kids loud style, he has some charisma.

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
Soto is the budget version of Mike Perry, just kidding love that dude.

Adi is pretty dangerous on the feet though, gonna be interesting to see how Soto is gonna handle a longer and lankier opponent.