Bellator announces Italy debut, signs UFC veteran Alessio Sakara

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Bellator MMA had recently confirmed their intentions to go international as part of their 2016 schedule, which includes a trip to Italy. Today the promotion formally announced details on their Torino event, which will take place on Saturday, April 16th. This will be a co-promoted event in conjunction with Carlo Di Blasi's Oktagon Kickboxing. Both Bellator MMA and Oktagon Kickboxing bouts will be on the card, although only the MMA fights will air on Spike TV. Here's more from the official press release, which includes quotes from both Di Blasi and Scott Coker.

"We are very excited to be working side by side with my friend Carlo Di Blasi and his team," said Coker. "Carlo is a great ally, and someone who I admire for all of the amazing work he has done in combat sports throughout Europe over the past twenty years. We look forward to putting on an amazing show for the Italian people, and fans tuning in from around the world when we combine our efforts on April 16 in Torino"

LINK: Bellator MMA formally announces Italy debut, signs UFC veteran Alessio Sakara - Bloody Elbow

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Interesting choices by bellator. i find it very very interesting that they decided to co promote for this card. market testing I suppose, businesses do it all the time.. market testing is very strategic.. you constantly see certain snack products available in certain areas of the u.s., but not others. Companies test the waters to see how they trend on a smaller scale. If they trend well, theyy then choose to add them to their product line/mix nation wide, or world wide....

bellator co promoting with a local kickboxing show is smart. Its a joint venture that allows them to split the burden of the event. the local org will probably sell most of the tickets. If it is recieved well, im sure bellator will go back on a larger scale in the future.. and not only that, they might sign the italy show as their partner.

Now that i think about it, all of bellators dynamite cards from here on out might be their international cards.. coker stated that he wants to do about 4 dynamites a year iirc? They are doing 3 international events this year.. we know that kb isnt recieved well in the u.s., but is pretty popular in other parts of the world especially europe...

Future Dynamite cards could be bellators international ventures, and they could even use Oktagon kickboxing for all those events as well ... seems pausible to me..

Last edited:

Bobby Lupo

Don't be a scare
Oct 25, 2015
This is the best Christmas news ever. This Sakara can make Bellator his. He is motherfucking Bellator in real life. Be a scare, Grande Ale is coming to Bada Bingo the LHWs

Bobby Lupo

Don't be a scare
Oct 25, 2015
Let's predict the result of his next fight: What will the curse on Alessio manifest as:

1. Sakara is using some guy's head like a speed bag, then breaks his fucking leg and can't continue
  2. Food poisioning right before the fight
  3. A friend of his dies the week before the fight
  4. They make him fight the next Chris Weidman on 2 weeks notice
  5. 3 Opponents pulls out, he has to fight Wanderlei Silva under a mask.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Let's predict the result of his next fight: What will the curse on Alessio manifest as:

1. Sakara is using some guy's head like a speed bag, then breaks his fucking leg and can't continue
  2. Food poisioning right before the fight
  3. A friend of his dies the week before the fight
  4. They make him fight the next Chris Weidman on 2 weeks notice
  5. 3 Opponents pulls out, he has to fight Wanderlei Silva under a mask.
I predict he will get kicked in the nuts so hard they call the fight off

I'm still haunted by those screams

Bobby Lupo

Don't be a scare
Oct 25, 2015
I predict he will get kicked in the nuts so hard they call the fight off

I'm still haunted by those screams
I suprised Ale could make sons after what Ron (Un)Faircloth did to him. He threw up in his UFC debut from multiple kicks to the cock.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Sakara comes to scrap but I feel his best days are behind him. Too many shots to the dome.