Bellator considering a featherweight Grand Prix for October

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Scott Coker has his eyes on a Featherweight GP starting at the end of the year that would feature some of the best talent currently in Bellator.

“There’s a lot of dialogue about different weight classes,” Coker said. “We haven’t 100 percent said which division but I believe that come October we will probably roll out a new tournament in a different weight class. We’ve talked about the pros and cons of different weight classes but I think that the one that sounds the most attractive to me is the featherweight division.

“You have the Pitbulls [Patricio Freire] and you have the A.J. McKee's, [James] Gallagher could come up, Darrion Caldwell could come up, and [Aaron] Pico is in that weight class, [Henry] Corrales, [Emmanuel] Sanchez - we just have so many great fighters in that weight class that I think it makes sense.”

Featherweight is one of the most talent rich divisions in Bellator. Aside from the fighters mentioned by Coker, there is Leandro Higo, Tywan Claxton, Gaston Bolanos, Adam Boricz, Noad Lahat, Sam Sicilia, among others. And at least one of these fighters is ready to go.

Morning Report: Scott Coker says Bellator is considering a featherweight Grand Prix for October

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Love the tournament format. I'm glad they're bringing it back and only doing one a year.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Me too. Tournies are awesome. Hope our boy Tywan gets in...bet he does.
I don't know- FW is pretty stacked. I could see him as an alternate, but I don't know if he makes it to a guaranteed spot yet.