Bellator signs champs Douglas Lima, Ilima-Lei Macfarlane to contract extensions

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by TheEmperorRises, Feb 11, 2020.

1. TheEmperorRises

TheEmperorRises Right click hospital, left click cemetery

Ratings:
    +15,891
    [​IMG]

Bellator welterweight champion Douglas Lima and women’s flyweight champion Ilima-Lei Macfarlane won’t be going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

The two fighters have signed multi-year, multi-fight contract extensions with Bellator, the promotion announced Monday. Neither fighter currently has an upcoming fight on the books.

“Both Douglas Lima and Ilima-Lei Macfarlane continue to prove they are two of the most dominant fighters on the Bellator roster,” Bellator president Scott Coker said in a statement. “They made their Bellator debuts very early on in their careers, have climbed to the top of their respective divisions and have come to represent what this promotion is all about. As champions, both have taken on all challenges and have succeeded in every opportunity. I look forward to watching them continue their careers with us.”

Lima (32-7 MMA, 14-3 BMMA) is riding high off a welterweight grand prix tournament victory in 2019. En route to recapturing 170-pound gold, Lima finished Andrey Koreshkov and Michael Page, before avenging a 2018 loss to Rory MacDonald in October. Lima, 32, has won six out his last seven fights.

As for Macfarlane (11-0 MMA, 10-0 BMMA), the Hawaiian continued her career-long unbeaten streak in December. At Bellator 236, Macfarlane thrilled the hometown crowd in Honolulu when she defeated Kate Jackson by unanimous decision. The victory marked the fourth time Macfarlane has defended her strap since winning it in November 2017.

Full story here:
    Bellator signs champs Douglas Lima, Ilima-Lei Macfarlane to contract extensions

• Like Like x 4
  2. TheEmperorRises

TheEmperorRises Right click hospital, left click cemetery

Ratings:
    +15,891
  3. ECC170

ECC170 Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
    Pro Fighter

Ratings:
    +23,338
    Hopefully they are getting paid very well!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Jehannum

Jehannum TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist

Ratings:
    +13,327
    That sponsorship money must be ridiculous, I'm amazed anyone even bothers signing to the UFC.

5. Willthiswork

Willthiswork I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ratings:
    +36,176
    I'm happy for them but sad that we won't get some of the potential matchups that they have elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jason73

jason73 Professional shitposter
    First 100

Ratings:
    +95,849
    coker said today that he is open to making lima vs usman co promotion but he knows it is not likely to happen

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Onetrickpony

Onetrickpony Stay gold

Ratings:
    +31,617
    [​IMG]

I’m happy that yoU Fight Cheap can’t lure them away with empty promises.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sparkuri

sparkuri Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
    First 100

Ratings:
    +36,570
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Willthiswork

Willthiswork I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ratings:
    +36,176
    I like it. I'd actually rather see Usman, Colby, Jorge, etc but Lima isn't small and he's skilled enough to hang with Moose. Just hope that fighting up the weight class doesn't prove to be the real difference.

Fun fight nevertheless.

Nemkov is going to mess around and ruin Bader if he's not careful.

10. HEATH VON DOOM

HEATH VON DOOM Remember the 5th of November

Ratings:
    +24,195
    They must be Aces at selling tickets

Draft saved Draft deleted