Bellator signs champs Douglas Lima, Ilima-Lei Macfarlane to contract extensions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

Bellator welterweight champion Douglas Lima and women’s flyweight champion Ilima-Lei Macfarlane won’t be going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

The two fighters have signed multi-year, multi-fight contract extensions with Bellator, the promotion announced Monday. Neither fighter currently has an upcoming fight on the books.

“Both Douglas Lima and Ilima-Lei Macfarlane continue to prove they are two of the most dominant fighters on the Bellator roster,” Bellator president Scott Coker said in a statement. “They made their Bellator debuts very early on in their careers, have climbed to the top of their respective divisions and have come to represent what this promotion is all about. As champions, both have taken on all challenges and have succeeded in every opportunity. I look forward to watching them continue their careers with us.”

Lima (32-7 MMA, 14-3 BMMA) is riding high off a welterweight grand prix tournament victory in 2019. En route to recapturing 170-pound gold, Lima finished Andrey Koreshkov and Michael Page, before avenging a 2018 loss to Rory MacDonald in October. Lima, 32, has won six out his last seven fights.

As for Macfarlane (11-0 MMA, 10-0 BMMA), the Hawaiian continued her career-long unbeaten streak in December. At Bellator 236, Macfarlane thrilled the hometown crowd in Honolulu when she defeated Kate Jackson by unanimous decision. The victory marked the fourth time Macfarlane has defended her strap since winning it in November 2017.

Full story here:
Bellator signs champs Douglas Lima, Ilima-Lei Macfarlane to contract extensions

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Hopefully they are getting paid very well!

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
That sponsorship money must be ridiculous, I'm amazed anyone even bothers signing to the UFC.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I'm happy for them but sad that we won't get some of the potential matchups that they have elsewhere.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm happy for them but sad that we won't get some of the potential matchups that they have elsewhere.
coker said today that he is open to making lima vs usman co promotion but he knows it is not likely to happen

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015