Bellator signs Josh Koscheck

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Josh Koscheck has jumped ship.

The former UFC pay-per-view headliner and The Ultimate Fighter 1 alum has signed with Bellator MMA, it was announced Friday night at Bellator 139.

Koscheck (17-10), one of the biggest "villains" in MMA history, has lost five in a row, the latest against Erick Silva via first-round submission in March. He has not won since a split decision victory over Mike Pierce in 2012.

However, there was a time when Koscheck, 37, was one of the best welterweights in the world. He fought Georges St-Pierre for the UFC 170-pound title in 2010 and owns wins over Matt Hughes, Anthony Johnson and Diego Sanchez.

Koscheck and his managers Bob Cook and DeWayne Zinkin have a long history with Bellator MMA president Scott Coker. The Fresno, Calif., resident still remains a well-known name.

LINK to full story: Bellator signs former UFC star Josh Koscheck - MMA Fighting

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Good for him and good for Bellator. Gives him a chance to pick up a few more dollars before retirement and lets Bellator get another big name to promote. Win/win, imo. There obviously isn't much else he could have done in UFC.

Remember when Coker said his phone was ringing off the hook after the Reebok numbers came out? I'm guessing Koscheck was one of those calls.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think i called this a while back, but can't find the post back.

I had a feeling he just wanted out of the ufc, good for him go get you some viacom dollars

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Bozy @Bozy - to post pics, click the third button to the left of the arrows. If you hover your cursor over it, it will say IMAGE. Click that, paste the link in the box that pops up, submit. Happy posting!

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Lol at ass kicking. No Kos. You promised stand up war and faked him out. Touché but no.

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
Not sure how I feel about this. Pleased the bloke has got a job, but I think it might be that time as well.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I hope he looks better there than in the UFC. He hasn't looked to hot lately

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I wonder if Kos bad performance was a plan to get out of the ufc even tho was his last fight, sorta a shell game with the ufcso they couldnt negotiate

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I wonder if Kos bad performance was a plan to get out of the ufc even tho was his last fight, sorta a shell game with the ufcso they couldnt negotiate
Swear i thought the same thing...He has to be getting paid good.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I kind of think that as well. He isn't nearly as bad as he fought against Ellenberger and Silva...I don't care how old he is.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
And he did finish with the UFC now he is on to Bellator.
Hahaah I meant to say he said he wanted to finish his career with the UFC. Either way I'm happy for bellator but it looks like they just take the UFC guys who can't cut it anymore which doesn't make it look legit.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Hahaah I meant to say he said he wanted to finish his career with the UFC. Either way I'm happy for bellator but it looks like they just take the UFC guys who can't cut it anymore which doesn't make it look legit.
Depends on how he does and who he fights really. I think Bellator will take anyone with some name value at the moment, properly matched they can get decent eyeballs. It's a damn sight better than Ken Shamrock.