Bellator signs Kharitonov

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015

Scott Coker is linking up with another familiar face.

Heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov has signed an exclusive multi-fight contract with Bellator MMA, according to sources close to the promotion. The Russian striker is currently expected to make his debut in May.

Kharitonov has won his last five fights in a row improving his professional MMA record to 23-5. He last fought for Coker in 2011 when he lost to Josh Barnett in the semi-finals of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix.

LINK: Sergei Kharitonov signs with Bellator

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Might be a sign they are very close to getting Overeem. If they get Overeem, they need to buff their heavyweight division to provide fights for him.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Awesome news! I think Bellator have realized that their competition has made a HUGE mistake (Reebok deal) and this is their opportunity to really make a push for that #1 spot. We're going to see a lot of cool signings and free agents stolen by them in the near future IMO

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
So now if Rizin does have a show in Russia, we have at least one fighter who will be representing Bellator.

Obi-Wan-In-A-Million

I'm the Wan you've been looking for.
Oct 29, 2015
Awesome news! I think Bellator have realized that their competition has made a HUGE mistake (Reebok deal) and this is their opportunity to really make a push for that #1 spot. We're going to see a lot of cool signings and free agents stolen by them in the near future IMO
I agree and I'm so pumped up about having another big promotion with big name fighters again.

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yes!

I had heard that the Zuffa boys were unable to sign Sergei due to their contracts prohibiting UFC fighters from participating in kickboxing, which Sergei refused.

All I ever want know life is to see him hilariously KO Overeem again. Halfway home! Come on, Coker, make it happen!

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coker is slowly slowly doing the right things. That is how he works slow and steady and then BOOM he has it all. SF was great and now with Bellator it will be even better.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Yes!

I had heard that the Zuffa boys were unable to sign Sergei due to their contracts prohibiting UFC fighters from participating in kickboxing, which Sergei refused.

All I ever want know life is to see him hilariously KO Overeem again. Halfway home! Come on, Coker, make it happen!
reem wrecks him in the rubber match if it happens..

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Botter's reporting bellator isnt trying for reem. :/
Been reading this to be the case. Heard that the UFC had to pay the man. Glad to see him getting paid.

I sure do hope that sterling gets a solid chunk of change. He and mittrione are both gambling big