Bellator signs top wrestling heavyweight, Olympic hopeful Tyrell Fortune

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Bellator has signed yet another standout amateur wrestler.

With Aaron Pico and Ed Ruth already under contract, Bellator MMA has brought in Tyrell Fortune, one of the top heavyweight wrestlers in the world, sources told MMAFighting.com on Wednesday.

Fortune, 25, currently trains out of the Blackzilians in Boca Raton, Fla., and is a member of the U.S. national wrestling team. The Portland, Ore., native is a former NCAA Division II champion at Grand Canyon University in Arizona and was named the 2013 Division II wrestler of the year. Fortune was also a two-time NJCAA champion at Clackamas (Ore.) Community College.

Fortune will attempt to qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics at the trials next April. He plans on making his MMA debut for Bellator in 2016, sources said.

LINK: Bellator signs top wrestling heavyweight, Olympic hopeful Tyrell Fortune - MMA Fighting

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Bellator has signed yet another standout amateur wrestler.

With Aaron Pico and Ed Ruth already under contract, Bellator MMA has brought in Tyrell Fortune, one of the top heavyweight wrestlers in the world, sources told MMAFighting.com on Wednesday.

Fortune, 25, currently trains out of the Blackzilians in Boca Raton, Fla., and is a member of the U.S. national wrestling team. The Portland, Ore., native is a former NCAA Division II champion at Grand Canyon University in Arizona and was named the 2013 Division II wrestler of the year. Fortune was also a two-time NJCAA champion at Clackamas (Ore.) Community College.

Fortune will attempt to qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics at the trials next April. He plans on making his MMA debut for Bellator in 2016, sources said.

LINK: Bellator signs top wrestling heavyweight, Olympic hopeful Tyrell Fortune - MMA Fighting
Man, is that smart to be worrying about mma while trying to get on the Olympic team?

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
What's the skinny on this guy?
Hes a freakishly fast HW...And superb takedwn ability...i haven't heard no stories about him in the mma gym...but on the Mat hes one of the best Big men by far..

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Big men better be on NOTICE..

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
His style well carry over wonderfully to MMA..His blast double will run almost every HW over with ease..

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
That blast double and single will serve him extremely well. Lets hope he can get used to getting hit.
I agree...training with Rumble should help in that department lol

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I would totally interview him. Do you happen to have a contact handy? If not, I'll go digging around and see if I can find his number from someone.
Sure dont bud...I dint suicidal media, but I bet you could find him on there..

DMaddenMMA

May 15, 2015
Sure dont bud...I dint suicidal media, but I bet you could find him on there..
"Suicidal media"
Don't know if that's your own creation, but you might as well consider that in a future text! Love it!

I'm on the move man.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
"Suicidal media"
Don't know if that's your own creation, but you might as well consider that in a future text! Love it!

I'm on the move man.
Baha my sausage fingers get me every time..im more Notorious on here for my sausage fingers than Christopher Wallace lol