Bellator Vengeance: Live Discussion - 11/6/15

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Complete Results:

Daniel Straus def. Patricio Freire via unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 48-47)
Will Brooks def. Marcin Held via unanimous decision (50-45, 49-46, 49-46)
Michael Chandler def. David Rickels via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:05
Bobby Lashley def. James Thompson via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:54
Justin Lawrence def. Emmanuel Sanchez via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Rashard Lovelace def. Brandon Lowe via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:07
Fazlo Mulabitinovic def. Scott Ettling via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 1:52
Kain Royer def. Clay Mitchell via submission (kneebar) – Round 1, 3:41
Augusto Sakai def. Alex Huddleston via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Adam Meredith def. Jordan Dowdy via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:54
Kyle Kurtz def. Steven Mann via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 2:59
Garrett Gross def. Jeff Crotty via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Cheljean Erwin-Davis def. Adam Cella via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 0:35

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
So excited for this fight. Patricio gave a really great interview but Straus topped it. I'm going to try to contain myself at the event and not go shithouse rat crazy.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This is a great card, a can't miss.
I do believe TMMAC has to stand behind our own MegaColossus @MegaColossus !

Chandler/Caveman
Straus/Pitbull
Held/Brooks
And of course Lashley vs. The Collector
BIG prelim card

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Sick card...Marcin is gonna shock the world...

MMABROdotcom

Oct 2, 2015
Have interviews with Sanchez, Held, and Lawrence this week. Leave any questions you have and I will try to work them into the interviews and follow-on article. Thx.
-Josh

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Have interviews with Sanchez, Held, and Lawrence this week. Leave any questions you have and I will try to work them into the interviews and follow-on article. Thx.
-Josh
Wish I would have seen this!

MMABROdotcom

Oct 2, 2015
No worries. Very interesting interview with Marcin. His approach to life as a fighter is very matter of fact, and the Polish cultural difference in contrast to Brooks American outlook is fascinating.

Here is the link to the article I did on them after asking my interview questions. I'll see if I can upload the audio file here shortly too.

MMABRO.com: - MMABRO: MMA FOR THE THINKING BRO.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
One of my Top 3 favorite fighters right now. Hope he can recapture gold Friday night. Think he will.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMcrrRnnfcQ
Im rooting for pitbull, but I wouldn't be shocked if straus wins this time around. something pitbull needs to do is to learn not to back up in straight lines. he was getting beat like a drum by straus by doing that. the dude has solid hands when things go his way, but he was losing both of his last two fights. I really do hope pitbull has been working on movement.

one thing that impressed me about pitbull was that although he was losing the striking battle against straus, he seemed to actually get the better of the bigger wrestler in the grappling exchanges of their second fight. really impressed how pitbull was able to adapt, but straus looked solid and aggressive on the feet last time out... its going to be a tough fight. I cant pick a winner, but im rooting for my boy pitbull...

I have brooks winning by confortable ud or late round tko... held is one solid ass fighter; his hands have been coming along nicely, but I don't thing he will have much success getting the fight to the ground. we all know that's were he needs it. I see brooks being able to keep the fight standing, and use his hands and solid low kicks to pick held apart for a late round tko or ud...

I don't know how sanchez vs Lawrence will play out. I don't know who to root for. don't know enough about them...

I have chandler using is right hand and mixing td in to get the better of rickles. I see a longer fight, but with chandler coming out victorious again. too much werestling for rickels. too much power as well..

Don't really care for the JT/ Lashely fight... I want a good scrap though.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Also, how often does bellator do those "in focus" videos... seems like a somewhat cheap, but effective promotional tool. we get to know what fighters are like. if they don't do it for multiple fighters on every event, they should start doing it. seems like a better way to invest some money, than to just plaster a poster on a wall.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Also, how often does bellator do those "in focus" videos
Not enough! I love them and wish they would do them a lot more.

Nice breakdown of the fights as well sir. I think Straus takes it this time. I see Brooks winning a UD. Chandler winning by stoppage. Thompson winning a UD...I can foresee both guys being exhausted after the 1st and it turning into a 3 round battle of attrition.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The weigh ins got me even more hyped for this card. Main card is sick.