VID Bellator's Raymond Daniels hits dazzling, devastating one-punch knockout

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

View: https://youtu.be/kO4MqRiyJfM

Holy crap, we might’ve seen the “Knockout of the Year” on Saturday at Bellator Europe 2 in Birmingham, England.

Kickboxing great Raymond Daniels, making just his second MMA appearance, landed a thing that I admittedly don’t know what to call it. A tornado punch? Work with me on this.

Here’s how it went down: For almost all of the first round, Wilker Barros did a pretty decent of staying out of range of Daniels’ kicks. But then in the final minute, Daniels (1-1 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) landed a spinning back kick that dropped Barros on his butt.

Rather than charge in for the finish, Daniels allowed Barros (0-1 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) to stand up near the cage. He knew Barros had nowhere to go, and so he lived up to his “Human Highlight Reel” nickname and followed up with an incredible attack (watch in the video above).

The way Daniels explained it during his post-fight interview in the cage:

“I knew he was back against the cage. He had done a good job of trying to back away from my kicks. But because he was up against the cage, I knew he couldn’t back up anymore. When I threw the 720, I was going to actually throw the kick, but he pushed against the cage, and it gave him more space, so I decided not to kick and come down with the right hand. And that happened all in that split second, in my mind.”

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how to respond to a loss in your only other MMA fight nearly 11 years later.

Incredible.

Full story here:
Bellator's Raymond Daniels hits dazzling, devastating one-punch knockout

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
lol at ˜kickboxing great˜.

A much more accomplished striker who made an MMA debut this week was Dylan Salvador (who's still nowhere a ˜kickboxing great˜) who won a fight at Titan FC - by submission nonetheless. I couldn't find the video though.