Ben Askren doesn't think Dustin Poirier has leverage to demand title shot or $

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
absolutely agree.

Dustin isn't in a position to make demands on UFC. He's in a much better position to make demands on other fighters, and leverage that for a belt. Call out Tony or Al, and make your position as The Contender solid and marketable.

unrelated, I'm mildly optimistic that the dawn of the ESPN Era is the sunset of the Interim Titles Era.

Nov 21, 2015
absolutely agree.

Dustin isn't in a position to make demands on UFC. He's in a much better position to make demands on other fighters, and leverage that for a belt. Call out Tony or Al, and make your position as The Contender solid and marketable.

unrelated, I'm mildly optimistic that the dawn of the ESPN Era is the sunset of the Interim Titles Era.
Yep... Sorry Diamond you just don't have the juice to call shots

Now he put himself out there and the UFC is gonna call his bluff

JerryCranberry

Jan 22, 2019
Too many people in the queue at lightweight. The UFC will just move on because they easily can. I hope Dustin gets what he wants but I think his best move here is to stay active. Keep winning, fight out your contract, and if the UFC still doesn’t want to pay you then it seems like Bellator and One are handing out decent money these days to top talent.