VID Ben Askren vs. Luis "Sapo" Santos

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
^^^ Fuck those clowns. Those mouth breathing cunts are the exact reason we developed this site.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ben + 155 + Striking advancements= Ben 2.0 which would be amazing.

CRE

Posting Machine
Apr 24, 2015
I already posted enough about this on the UG. So I won't bother going in depth.

Santos is underrated and it was an ugly fight for Ben, but his fights often are ugly.

I think a rematch will be highly anticipated. It's obvious there are some very talented fighters outside of the UFC now.

Once I started harping about the ELITE talent outside of the UFC, I was insulted by a moderator personally and decided I would be leaving the UG.

It's perfectly fine to disagree on a subject, you can even insult me. I just don't want the same moderators attacking me, that were attacking me 10 years ago on the UG.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Santos is underrated and it was an ugly fight for Ben, but his fights often are ugly.

I think a rematch will be highly anticipated. It's obvious there are some very talented fighters outside of the UFC now.

Once I started harping about the ELITE talent outside of the UFC, I was insulted by a moderator personally and decided I would be leaving the UG.

It's perfectly fine to disagree on a subject, you can even insult me. I just don't want the same moderators attacking me, that were attacking me 10 years ago on the UG.
Good to see you here CRE. If you check out the other Askren thread you'll see its healthy debate between members, mods and admin with virtually no insults that aren't on the buddy level. This place will maintain the forums this way going forward.

Ben Askren: I think I am the best welterweight in the world | The MMA Community Forum

CRE

Posting Machine
Apr 24, 2015
Good to see you here CRE. If you check out the other Askren thread you'll see its healthy debate between members, mods and admin with virtually no insults that aren't on the buddy level. This place will maintain the forums this way going forward.

Ben Askren: I think I am the best welterweight in the world | The MMA Community Forum
It's a shame that Ben faces a killer, a truly violent finisher with a complete game and experience, like Luis Santos, and he receives nothing but abuse for having a tough first couple of minutes. I like to focus on things like how exciting the fight was leading up to the controversial finish. I also think the rematch will be VERY exciting and it should happen SOON.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I agree CRE @CRE

My biggest criticism against Ben Askren @Ben Askren has been his lack of tough opponents and us not seeing how he handles adversity. We just started to see him have to work hard and figure a decent guy and the fight came to an end. I only use decent because of his high ranking and Bem is usually talked about with match ups in the UFC top 5

MahatmaPetey

Feb 26, 2015
The way people were talking about it, I assumed Askren got beat up. Sapo looked great and Askren had a rough start, but that was a couple leg kicks and some good takedown defense. It's a shame the fight never had a chance to develop.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015

fuck them..I always enjoyed your insight..you fk with Cre u fuck with me GOT IT!

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
This shows hours sick Ben,Saunders ground game is..he schooled Sapo with his rubber guard..Not that bens ground game he been questioned...

King of Life

Jan 28, 2015
I was amazed how big Santos looked compared to Ben. Wonder how that would have effected his stamina as the fight went on.

Also I'm shocked at how many so called fans elsewhere seem to think Santos is a bum! The guy is a BJJ black belt and has won 69 MMA fights!

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015

great to see you on the forum Cre!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I was amazed how big Santos looked compared to Ben. Wonder how that would have effected his stamina as the fight went on.

Also I'm shocked at how many so called fans elsewhere seem to think Santos is a bum! The guy is a BJJ black belt and has won 69 MMA fights!

Exactly!! We all want competitive fights and when we get it people use it as a knock on the fighters. Get easy opponents and you are just beating cans.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Santos is VICIOUS..and a huge...Still can't believe Ryan Ford KOd him..that was a huge comeback..

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
It wasn't the best example of what Ben's capable of, but he was never close to being hurt, and even though Santos used his judo to put Askren on the bottom, he was never going to do anything with it. As a fan I'm a little disappointed that Askren's stand up continues to trail very far behind his grappling, in spite of the fact that he trains at a gym best known for it's striking. As a fan of the sport, that ending sucked.

Last edited:

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
WTF

He got no time to recover. That was an eye poke as clear as day.. and wow, very eye opening to see Ben get rag dolled like that

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
All the refs fault. Completely.

Should have given him 5 mins to recover and go from there. He wanted to immediately restart them from the position and thought it was a "shoulder" that caused the eye injury

Complete incompetence . Looks like his eye was fucked anyway and he probably wouldn't have been able to fight. Still though.. wow. Glad I didn't get up early for that