benson out of fight with michael johnson,possible detached retina

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That's not good...

I get why in fights you can't, but really there's no option for some sort of eye protection like a padded slit with mesh or something?

There's been several eye injuries in training in the last few years I think.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Get well soon indeed. Any injury to the eye is some scary stuff. Was looking forward to the fight, but just hope the injury isn't as bad as they think at this point.

Anno Domini

Feb 26, 2015
Damn. Hope Ben recovers quickly.

Saw some conspiracy theories on another forum that he might have backed out because of the new NSAC penalties. Think the day after it was announced his fight with MJ was scrapped.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Saw some conspiracy theories on another forum that he might have backed out because of the new NSAC penalties. Think the day after it was announced his fight with MJ was scrapped.
It's kinda hard to fake a detached retina. If he wanted to go that route, he would have "pulled a muscle" in his back.

Anno Domini

Feb 26, 2015
It's kinda hard to fake a detached retina. If he wanted to go that route, he would have "pulled a muscle" in his back.
I agree. That was also before the news of the detached retina. I don't think / hope Ben isn't a cheater. Think all that was said is ''undisclosed injury''. People like to make things up and run with it.