General Bernie unveils student debt cancellation bill

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
That’s where rights are outlined. You asked if it was a “right” and I responded factually.
Under the 14th amend. children have a right to equal access correct?

We also have state constitutions

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
Without looking it up I believe it had to do with slaves but I don’t have them all
committed to memory.
If equal access is a right and the states control education for the most part it is a defacto right although not in the fed constitution but is in state constitutions

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
If equal access is a right and the states control education for the most part it is a defacto right although not in the fed constitution but is in state constitutions
It’s all semantics anyway because there isn’t any imposed free secondary education entitlement which is what this thread is about. People are free to join the military if they want a paid education. A lot of people go that route and they don’t have student loans.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Case law interprets the meaning in practicality
You asked if it was a right. Once again I answered factually. How many times are you going to move the goalposts? It still has nothing to do with this thread no matter how much you want the rest of us to pay for college for everyone. You are free to send me money for my kid and I will be happy to take it BTW.

There is already a shitty but realistic system in place. Splinty @Splinty actually wrote about ways of making it better. You are talking about nonsense that isn’t a reality.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Pop

You pay insurance premiums and taxes on both of those counts
You are missing the point. If you don’t drive you don’t pay insurance. You can self pay for medical. Rush doesn’t have insurance. He self pays for instance. Point is we have a choice. Taxing people is not a choice.

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
You asked if it was a right. Once again I answered factually. How many times are you going to move the goalposts? It still has nothing to do with this thread no matter how much you want the rest of us to pay for college for everyone. You are free to send me money for my kid and I will be happy to take it BTW.

There is already a shitty but realistic system in place. Splinty @Splinty actually wrote about ways of making it better. You are talking about nonsense that isn’t a reality.
I asked if public School was a right and through constitutional interpretation and case law it has been found that primary chool is a right....you answered is it the Constitution

I want fairness in education and those of merit to be able to rise to the top and not be held back just because they weren't born into a wealthy family like we have now where stooge Legacy families are running the country into the ground

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
You are missing the point. If you don’t drive you don’t pay insurance. You can self pay for medical. Rush doesn’t have insurance. He self pays for instance. Point is we have a choice. Taxing people is not a choice.
Yes it is...you choose the people who represent you and they pass laws on taxation

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I asked if public School was a right and through constitutional interpretation and case law it has been found that primary chool is a right....you answered is it the Constitution

I want fairness in education and those of merit to be able to rise to the top and not be held back just because they weren't born into a wealthy family like we have now where stooge Legacy families are running the country into the ground
So now you want to change the way the world has worked since it’s inception? It’s always been and always will be like that. We may not like it but we aren’t going to change it. If you are willing to understand it and work within the parameters instead of just having a bad attitude about it you would be much better served. In other words why complain about things you have zero control over? Find something more productive.

We know a girl that came from a rural area and very poor. Scholarship money has been given out to inner city kids. They decided to go the rural route and she was one of the first to go a a good school under this program. It pains me to say it was wasted on her. She just graduated with a worthless degree. She had every opportunity to do something great but will probably never make over $35,000.

The real people that have it bad are the middle class. Can’t really afford it but make too much to qualify.

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
So now you want to change the way the world has worked since it’s inception? It’s always been and always will be like that. We may not like it but we aren’t going to change it. If you are willing to understand it and work within the parameters instead of just having a bad attitude about it you would be much better served. In other words why complain about things you have zero control over? Find something more productive.

We know a girl that came from a rural area and very poor. Scholarship money has been given out to inner city kids. They decided to go the rural route and she was one of the first to go a a good school under this program. It pains me to say it was wasted on her. She just graduated with a worthless degree. She had every opportunity to do something great but will probably never make over $35,000.

The real people that have it bad are the middle class. Can’t really afford it but make too much to qualify.
I got my degree. Which nearly killed me. And can I get a job? Can I bugger!