General Best friend died.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fucker didn't even tell me it was coming either. I know he had health issues the past year or so. When I was off after my latest wound and I thought I had sepsis and shinkicker got mad at me, me and him had joked that whichever one of us dies first, the other has to pick the funeral music. Well I guess he fucken won.

Known him since I was 8-9 ish. Best friends since 11. First lads holiday together. When I got back from Afghanistan we got fucked up and got tattoos when we were drunk (actually had to sign the waiver saying we won't sue the guy the next day).

Other week when I was laid up I was planning to go visit but diddnt, as I was being a drunken anxiety riddled mess ahead of this new job the following week. Now I'll never get the chance to see me best mate again. So do me a favour folks, don't be a distant shit friend like me because you never know.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Oh I just read that back, wasn't suicide. Was terminal something to do with his liver. I knew he'd had issues but until Saturday when I was worried about him and messaged his sister did I get the inkling it was terminal, and today she's let me know that he swore them to secrecy. His aunt's etc diddnt know. Fucker dropped me a lot of clues the past year or so now I sit and ponder it. But he's constantly been in and out of hospital, when I signed myself out the other week he thought that was hilarious as he'd done it not long before. Last I was talking to him he was in happy spirits and I recommended he check out Rick and Morty. No idea if he got around to it.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Sorry to hear that, buddy. I lost one of my closest friends (single car drunk driving). I grew up with him my whole life, and we went to college and lived together there for 3 years. We were 22 when that happened, and I struggled for a long time to come to terms with it.

Sorry for your loss.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Sorry to hear that, bro.
Losing a buddy is tough.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Brother, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you are going through but hope your happy memories and all the love coming your way give you some comfort. Here to talk if you need someone! God bless!!

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Sorry to hear that brother.my best friend died in a motorcycle accident about 10 yrs ago.my other best friend ODed on fentynal and left 7 kids behind. I miss the first guy .I am pissed at the second.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Before one of his ops a couple of months back he said he'd asked the nurse if he could donate his body to cannibals if he diddnt make it as they would benefit the most. I figured he was just mucking around because I know what he's like and I know he hated the hospital and generally just likes to be a bit of a cunt.

Now I'm reading back through all our messages it's like some shit from the usual suspects. All the pieces are falling into place and I never realised it was all true. I know he wasn't afraid of dying, just more concerned about if it would upset his family etc. But I figured we were talking about the grander scheme of life, just general chatting etc. Fancy that. I'm there freaking out because my wound stink (it was fine btw) and this fucker is sat there listening to me be a prissy bitch when he knows he's on the way out.diddnt phase him a bit.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Before one of his ops a couple of months back he said he'd asked the nurse if he could donate his body to cannibals if he diddnt make it as they would benefit the most. I figured he was just mucking around because I know what he's like and I know he hated the hospital and generally just likes to be a bit of a cunt.

Now I'm reading back through all our messages it's like some shit from the usual suspects. All the pieces are falling into place and I never realised it was all true. I know he wasn't afraid of dying, just more concerned about if it would upset his family etc. But I figured we were talking about the grander scheme of life, just general chatting etc. Fancy that. I'm there freaking out because my wound stink (it was fine btw) and this fucker is sat there listening to me be a prissy bitch when he knows he's on the way out.diddnt phase him a bit.

So sorry to hear this mate. Gutted for you and his family.

Sending good thoughts x

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Sorry to hear it. It's crazy that we are entering the phase of our lives where it's no longer just our elders we will be losing to health issues, it's becoming our friends. I'm fortunate that I haven't gone through this with any of mine yet, but I can only imagine how much of an impact it must have. Hey man, I certainly didn't know your friend, but I am still going to take something away from his words and his sense of humour. Going forward, I want to "donate my body to cannibals" when I pass. Each time I solicit a laugh from that line, I will remember where I heard it and I'll be paying homage to your buddy.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I appreciate all the kind words folks. I know for a fact he was content with his run, his biggest worry was how his family would take it. I know realize this wasn't hypothetical chit chat.

I just wish I'd got to hang out one last time. I was gonna sort him out a job when he got better, I hadn't told him, but the reason we became best friends is we the kids in smart class at school who weren't nerds. Always in trouble and generally not interested in classwork. Things diddnt really work out as expected for him yet I knew I could get him into the rail industry once he got better.

Anyways I know what he'd be saying if he was watching me now, "stop feeling sorry for yourself you soppy cunt!"

So I will try me best.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Sorry to hear that, but don't ponder about clues or anything. He obviously valued your relationship as it was and didn't want the inevitable change you knowing would have brought.

You serve it best by cherishing the memories.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I think about this stuff as I've been growing older. My best friend just had a sinus surgery, and his right sinus began bleeding last week, the EMT's didn't know how to stop it, and he kept getting turned away from hospitals.
I kept worrying his wife would call with devastating news but he is mending.

I think about how I'd feel and it could be a horrible one. I'm sorry you're dealing with this loss.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I appreciate all the kind words folks. I know for a fact he was content with his run, his biggest worry was how his family would take it. I know realize this wasn't hypothetical chit chat.

I just wish I'd got to hang out one last time. I was gonna sort him out a job when he got better, I hadn't told him, but the reason we became best friends is we the kids in smart class at school who weren't nerds. Always in trouble and generally not interested in classwork. Things diddnt really work out as expected for him yet I knew I could get him into the rail industry once he got better.

Anyways I know what he'd be saying if he was watching me now, "stop feeling sorry for yourself you soppy cunt!"

So I will try me best.

You're allowed to feel anything you want mate.

Don't batten down those emotions. You were his best friend and he valued that. He did it in his own way. He clearly wasn't someone that wanted folks, including his best pal to spend his last days seeing him at his lowest. He wanted you to remember him at his best.

You grieve in your own way.

Thinking of you x