General Best place to go in Canada in August?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

Great post

maybe I am being too harsh on Toronto, you can for sure have a lot of fun here

I'm just big on nature I guess/miss the island and mountains living here
But if you're from Colorado maybe that's no big deal
Toronto is nice to visit for a few days if you can avoid the traffic. Beyond that it sucks like anywhere over 100,000 people does. It’s much too much for me bro. I could never live there.

Everyone loves the island, it’s great.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I’m not approaching a moose.
banff and jasper have local elk herds in the city . japanese tourists get right up on them to snap picks from 6 ft away like they arent about to be trampled to death at any moment . they are in national parks so the elk are not really concerned about people

M

member 1013

Also I wouldn’t recommend Toronto unless you are loaded, because pretty much everything I said costs money. Although the exchange rate is favourable.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
banff and jasper have local elk herds in the city . japanese tourists get right up on them to snap picks from 6 ft away like they arent about to be trampled to death at any moment . they are in national parks so the elk are not really concerned about people

I’ve been to Yellowstone and seen people get all casual around bison. Every now and then, you’ll read about some bison attacking one of those people.

M

member 1013

2016 I pulled over near radium hot springs to look at some big horns. Guy with a cowboy hat walks up to some 300 pound ram like it’s no buggy. I was mid sentence yelling at him to back off and the thing just swung it’s head casually at him and sent him flying about 10 feet

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
2016 I pulled over near radium hot springs to look at some big horns. Guy with a cowboy hat walks up to some 300 pound ram like it’s no buggy. I was mid sentence yelling at him to back off and the thing just swung it’s head casually at him and sent him flying about 10 feet
lol good for the ram . those are the same dummies who roll their window down a crack and try to feed a bear a cookie

M

member 1013

lol good for the ram . those are the same dummies who roll their window down a crack and try to feed a bear a cookie
I’m probably over exaggerating but I swear the thing was 8 feet high at the shoulder and breathed steam.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
My wife is interested in Banff.
Just found this out, as I finally decided to ask for her input.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
What are you and your family into?

If you want mountains and wilderness like Colorado then I would suggest Jasper National Park (quieter than Banff). It is still close to a major airport (Edmonton).

Banff is insanely busy in august. Finding accommodation can be hell and expensive. jason73 @jason73 would know this if he was cool like me.

I would recommend my personal vacation spot, Fairmont Hot Springs in interior BC as well, because I spent my whole life going there and love it.

If you like big cities Vancouver is boring and glum. Montreal is great but better for a single guy wink wink.

Toronto is great for city lovers if you’re weird like that, lots of museums, sports, culture, arts and entertainment. Great food too. Canada’s Wonderland, an amusement park with the second most roller coasters in the world (17), what is widely considered the best collection of non rollercoasters in the world and a large outdoor watermark is a great August day out. Catch a blue jays game and then head up to the CN tower, which for over 33 years was the worlds tallest freestanding structure and still in the top 5 I believe. walk on the glass floor and strap up for the edge walk, as you hang over a 365m drop. Take the kids to Niagara Falls to see one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Drink in a day of history and science at the royal Ontario museum, North America’s fourth largest. Enjoy a play, only London and NYC have a greater selection in the English world. Check out the Hockey Hall of Fame and then visit historic Fort York.
Woa
Ontario mercial here

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Well really, what would you guys like out of the vacation? What are your favourite things to do? Then you will start getting very in depth answers from everyone except the hate squad from BC
Bc hate squad
LMAO
Well put

Jan 21, 2015
My wife is interested in Banff.
Just found this out, as I finally decided to ask for her input.
whoever said it was crowded that time of year was right. tour busses everywhere

Whistler/Blackcomb is rad in the summer cuz theres not many people there, you can ride all the lifts up, insane scenery. Close to Vancouver. The nearest city to Banff is Calgary or Edmonton and they are both nothin to brag about.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
This.

I live near Toronto and it breaks my heart every time someone from Brazil or afar comes here to 'see Canada'. They go to Niagara Falls (not that great), see the CN Tower, or go to the fucking Eaton's Centre and think they had a Canadian experience.

1. Explore Vancouver Island (ISLAND). Hit the little ferries and islands up the coast, drive across to Tofino, etc. This is paradise imo I can help with some tips if you like.
2. Banff/Jasper FFS
3. Vancouver/Squamish/Whistler/Blackcomb
No mention of bc bud?
How dare you dirty hippie

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
From Texas.

Is Quebec City worth spending five days at?
Five days in Quebec City is too long. 2 is plenty to enjoy the old City the restaurants and just plain walking around. It'll be a little cold and windy get ready.
Then again you could also try to enjoy the surrounding area,Charlevoix the and you could also go skiing if the season is on.

English? If you're not an arrogant ahole and be nice about it, you shouldn't have a problem with speaking English in the touristic areas. You're also American, which gives you a pass. This said, we do have a few assholes that are assholes about language but I don't think they're the majority, you'd just be unlucky.

Blink twice for Montreal

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Five days in Quebec City is too long. 2 is plenty to enjoy the old City the restaurants and just plain walking around. It'll be a little cold and windy get ready.
Then again you could also try to enjoy the surrounding area,Charlevoix the and you could also go skiing if the season is on.

English? If you're not an arrogant ahole and be nice about it, you shouldn't have a problem with speaking English in the touristic areas. You're also American, which gives you a pass. This said, we do have a few assholes that are assholes about language but I don't think they're the majority, you'd just be unlucky.

Blink twice for Montreal
Unfortunately, I am extremely arrogant and loud. Colby Covington X 10 loud.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
If you are seeing Colorado, forget the west coast. They are big mountains but they are dirty and covered with used condoms and discarded vapes.

For a truly great Canadian experience I’d suggest the east coast. PEI is beautiful and truly unique to Canada. Nova Scotia is beautiful. I’ve never been but people rave about Cape Breton (small island off north of Nova Scotia).

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Toronto is a great city. Don’t listen to these cock nosed BC cunts. These clowns come to Toronto and just visit the head shops on Yonge Street and think they’ve seen the city.

There is a tonne to do in Toronto. Like any city there is a touristy, over priced downtown area, but if you visit the smaller neighbourhoods, see the museums and aquarium, you will have a great time.

If you like drinking home brew and shooting rats at the dump, track down @Lars. He lives in a tar paper shack about an hour out of Toronto. Bring your own sleeping bag, because he will ask you to share his.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
If you like drinking home brew and shooting rats at the dump, track down @Lars. He lives in a tar paper shack about an hour out of Toronto. Bring your own sleeping bag, because he will ask you to share his.
That's pretty ungrateful of you.
Dude takes advantage of host by sleeping in his bag. Host keeps him warm and cozy by providing heat and all the advantage related to spooning.
Dude bitches about the whole going native experience on some internet forum.

M

member 1013

whoever said it was crowded that time of year was right. tour busses everywhere

Whistler/Blackcomb is rad in the summer cuz theres not many people there, you can ride all the lifts up, insane scenery. Close to Vancouver. The nearest city to Banff is Calgary or Edmonton and they are both nothin to brag about.
It was me and I am always right bruv.

M

member 1013

That's pretty ungrateful of you.
Dude takes advantage of host by sleeping in his bag. Host keeps him warm and cozy by providing heat and all the advantage related to spooning.
Dude bitches about the whole going native experience on some internet forum.
Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken is a punk. He’s jealous my arms are larger than his.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Toronto is a great city. Don’t listen to these cock nosed BC cunts. These clowns come to Toronto and just visit the head shops on Yonge Street and think they’ve seen the city.

There is a tonne to do in Toronto. Like any city there is a touristy, over priced downtown area, but if you visit the smaller neighbourhoods, see the museums and aquarium, you will have a great time.

Dude, shut the fuck up.

Attn: Loud, arrogant guy who apparently knows nothing about the giant country that his country borders. B.C. that's the place for you! Have a grand old time. Whatever you do stay the Hell out of Ontario. Nothing for you here.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Dude, shut the fuck up.

Attn: Loud, arrogant guy who apparently knows nothing about the giant country that his country borders. B.C. that's the place for you! Have a grand old time. Whatever you do stay the Hell out of Ontario. Nothing for you here.
I’m giving you 24hrs to either delete this post, or get the fuck out of Ontario. Your choice, pig dick.

Last edited: